Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: So Steven Moffat Did Say Something About An Eleven Doctor Anniversary Special After All?

Administrator

Default So Steven Moffat Did Say Something About An Eleven Doctor Anniversary Special After All?

Take this how you will but I was feeling rather sceptical about a Steven Moffat quote in The Daily Mirror until I saw an independent Doctor Who blogger back it up. That's not how old and new media are supposed to relate, is it?

Here's the key bit of Doctor Who Online's report:
    Speaking at the recent BBC Drama Commissions event, and subsequently quoted by The Mirror newspaper, Moffat had the following to say regarding plans for the special:

?Getting the other Doctors involved would be very fitting for the anniversary episode, wouldn?t it??

Initially The Mirror newspaper failed to state the source of the quote, but DWO today got confirmation that it was indeed at the BBC Drama Commissions event.
    So, why did Moffat say this? It's hard to imagine he'd want to set up disappointment by teasing an Eleven Doctors story and then not following through.

The quote could be out of context, though. For all we know, the next words out his mouth were:
    But we can't do that, sadly. Luckily there are lots of other ideas that would equally suitable.
    - just for example.

But what does "getting the other Doctors involved" actually mean? It doesn't have to mean they'd all appear on screen - but again, would Moffat risk the anticlimax?
    All Eleven Doctors! In voice only! Some in silhouette! And Eleven different Tardises! That'll do, won't it? No?
    Bleeding Cool is fully confident that David Tennant will be making an appearance during the anniversary shows, in some way or another. We assume that he'll be reprising the role of the Tenth Doctor. Beyond that? Just guess work.

But if Moffat did make this new comment, and I feel pretty sure that he did, then I think we can pretty safely assume - and for the first time, by my reckoning - that there really is a full-set Multi Doctor story coming.

Production on the 50th anniversary special starts in April.

I can't imagine any scenario where the special wouldn't feature all 11 in some way, shape or form.

Exceedingly Cool

'The Eleven Doctors'...?

Kill it! Kill it! Kill it!

Dean of Cool University Irving_Braxiatel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorinthian View Post
    'The Eleven Doctors'...?

Kill it! Kill it! Kill it!
    Why? They'll only regenerate.
    Pop-Tart Samson and cjones77 like this.

Wrote the Book on Cool Timber-Munki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Irving_Braxiatel View Post
    Why? They'll only regenerate.
    Mad cap idea, why not get David Bradley (playing William Hartnell in An Adventure In Time And Space to play the first doctor and through some timey-wimey nonsense have him somehow merge/regenerate with Matt Smith into a new '2nd Doctor'. It would get around the ridiculous 12 regenerations limit that is looming like a massive elephant in the room and needs to be dealt with - The BBC are not going to stop making a successful and well loved programme just because of a plot point for a story 37 years ago.

It would be silly, I know, but when has that ever stopped the show?
    Mad_Man_Moon likes this.

Tom

I suspect that it might be the Eleventh Doctor dancing between scenes of old episodes to create a new story, rather than all new material.

Although having said that, that wouldn't offer much scope to a 3D offering.

VP in Charge of Cool

It would certainly be awesome if they all fought the same villains, only they forgot what they looked like after every encounter, so Matt Smith had to follow it up in the present. Anyone any idea who they could be? Oh, I see. Silence.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Timber-Munki View Post
    Mad cap idea, why not get David Bradley (playing William Hartnell in An Adventure In Time And Space to play the first doctor and through some timey-wimey nonsense have him somehow merge/regenerate with Matt Smith into a new '2nd Doctor'. It would get around the ridiculous 12 regenerations limit that is looming like a massive elephant in the room and needs to be dealt with - The BBC are not going to stop making a successful and well loved programme just because of a plot point for a story 37 years ago.

It would be silly, I know, but when has that ever stopped the show?
    Pretty sure they'll just ignore it, they've already made several allusions to it being a crock of shit . . .
    Ferb Morgendorffer likes this.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I suspect that it might be the Eleventh Doctor dancing between scenes of old episodes to create a new story, rather than all new material.

Although having said that, that wouldn't offer much scope to a 3D offering.
    This option gives the best scope for a celebration, the new show revisiting the old without picture formatting issues, and suit Moffat's timey-whimey story-telling.

The big question is, if this is happening, why Eccleston's happy to come back...
    "Be nostalgic for now."

Co-creator of the Ogle Award-winning SF-Fantasy audio series, The Springheel Saga.
    www.facebook.com/TheSpringheelSaga

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ScotiaNova View Post
    Pretty sure they'll just ignore it, they've already made several allusions to it being a crock of shit . . .
    I always thought you could have the twelth regenerate, then relaunch the show with a different Doctor to the one he regenerated into, and the Time Lords back, and it's a huge mystery how it got that way, but the Time Lords clone The Doctor without his memories, and then the old Doctor gives him his real memories back. You could even have the TARDIS unsure how much to trust this new Doctor, and when he gets his memories back his mind has a real hard time processing the info', so he is slowly dying, leading to "drama" and such.

Of course, I also thought a Time Lord/Dalek hybrid created by Omega would be awesome. They'd be called The Omega Daleks, and it would be great when they finally take one down, only for it to scream, "RE-GEN-ER-RATE! REGENERATE!"

Anyway, just one opinion on it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast