Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Tennant "Knowing Nothing" About New Doctor Who - And Becoming A Dad Again

Administrator

Default David Tennant "Knowing Nothing" About New Doctor Who - And Becoming A Dad Again

Bleeding Cool knows that David Tennant will be appearing in the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who this year. And clearly so does Jonathan Ross.

Well, David Tennant appeared on the Jonathan Ross Show on ITV last night. In which we saw a couple of Christmas gifts from his wife, Georgia, which Jeremy Piven also seemed to enjoy.

So Ross decided to press him on the issue...
    Jonathan: This year is the Fiftieth anniversary of Doctor Who

David: Is it? I hadn't noticed

Jonathan: I believe they're planning something special

David: I believe, I don't know

Jonathan: I know you're an honest man, so if I ask you directly, so no one has spoken to you about...

David: No one has spoken... I know nothing.

Jonathan: No one has spoken to you?

David: I know nothing.

Jonathan: No one has spoken to you, saying its the fiftieth anniversary"

David: In make up tonight this lovely lady came in, who I'd never met before and aid "hello I'm from the BBC" I went "oh hello, nice to meet you." "I've been sent to say that anything that the Doctor Who 50th anniversary must not be mentioned on television." That's how scared they are. I don't know anything, they're sending out spies to shut me up from telling you things I don't know.

Jonathan: They haven't said to you are you free, do you have a gap in your work diary at any stage this year.

David: I have not had a conversation like that

Jonathan: Has anyone had a conversation on your behalf about your diary, is there someone who keeps your diary who for the sake of honesty ininterviews like this who would not yet have spoken to you about chunks of time you might have put by to visit Wales this year

David: I don't know if I'll be going to Wales, I couldn't...

Jonathan: So you're going to film it here in London?
    (LAUGHTER) and then onwards... talking about how Tennant deals with Who fame, then listing Tennant's upcoming projects, Broad Church and Spice Of War (below).

Jonathan: You've got the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary to film..."

David: I didn't say that.

Jonathan:But you didn't deny it...
    And the news that David Tennant is going to be a dad again... looks like those Christmas presents may have worked.

Default He chose very carefully considered words...

...if they get Eccleston on board I'll be more impressed. They don't need the assistants; if they can get the 'old' doctors in too in a way that works then I'll be *really* impressed.
    Your swearing does not impress me. My husband works for Tower Hamlets and believe me those kids make you sound like... Angela Lansbury!

Consultant of Cool

Cue an anti-BBC article in the Daily Mail headed "BBC waste Licence Fee Pays money on spies to follow ex-Doctor Who stars" in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...
    "Be nostalgic for now."

Co-creator of the Ogle Award-winning SF-Fantasy audio series, The Springheel Saga.
    www.facebook.com/TheSpringheelSaga

Wrote the Book on Cool

Jonathan was exactly the same with Gaiman when he wasn't allowed to say he working on a script during an interview on his Radio show . . . Mrs Ross had read said script and Jonathan kept trying to make Neil trip up and admit it, although Neil didn't deny it flat out his very considered words could be taken either way . . .

Am I the only one left who likes to sneak up on these things relatively unspoilered?

sigh. out of step with the yoof audience again then...

Cheers
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J Poole View Post
    Am I the only one left who likes to sneak up on these things relatively unspoilered?

Cheers
    Agreed. It's not like we can't guess there will be multi-Doctors for the 50th. But, what's this need for pop-media to constantly be looking to find out the details? Why can't we all just be pleasantly surprised and excited when it airs? Not like people will be avoiding it unless they knew more about it. It's the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who. Everyone in the world knows that. So, you're either going to watch it or you're not, and knowing who is and is not going to be part of it really isn't going to make that big of a deal.

Except for the "fans" who think DW is made up of only Tennant or Rose or something. Who doesn't need people like that. That type needs to stick to the CW or Gossip Girl...
    Traveling.

Exceedingly Cool

Cheers
    I'm 44 and I want to know everything ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael D. View Post
    I'm 44 and I want to know everything ASAP.
    Yeah, but you're a Yank...

Cheers
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."

Cheers
    I like spoilers, myself. Hunting down details and speculating wildly is as much fun for me as the thing itself, usually. There have been some exceptions (Breaking Bad is currently one of them. Mass Effect 3 was one too, and that one was a giant arse to avoid, given how many people were posting about it), but generally I enjoy them.

I can imagine Tennant's kids in school in a few years...

"My dad is the Doctor. And my granddad is the Doctor too."

"Now, that's just sick. There are laws against that."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast