Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Billie Piper Not To Return For Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary -

Administrator

Default Billie Piper Not To Return For Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary -

Billie Piper appeared on on Graham Norton's chat show on BBC 1 tonight, and was asked if she was returning to Doctor Who for the show's 50th anniversary. She replied with an unambiguous "no," then clarified that she hadn't been asked.

Neither has co-guest Frank Skinner, who has asked his agent to enquire if he could appear in the show in any form. They received a letter back acknowledging Skinner's interest... but that was all.

You can see the clip here.

UK viewers can see the whole show on the iPlayer.

Could be a total swerve, unless she doesn't get along with the Who bosses.
    thekeith82 likes this.

Moffat lies. I wouldn't write off any possibility until we've actually seen the episode. That said, I'd much rather see Jack reappear, if we must see the return of any modern companions.
    CammyKnoxville, AMDin, TGC and 3 others like this.

Her character got a good tidy ending, it really is not worth bringing her back. I want Ecclestone, Tennant and any other previous Dr they can get. Regarding companions I would like to see Captain Jack, Donna and Rory and Amy. Though again with Rory and Amy their story is complete. Donna would be interesting, just to give her a bit more of a happy ending if nothing else. I also would not mind seeing Mickey and Martha Jones, but suspect Moffat does not want to excessively hark back to the Davies era too much.

Obviously if they get Tom Baker and Peter Davidson everyone will be happy. I suspect that will be the case, it would be very fitting for the big anniversary and frankly probably the last chance we will get too see them as doctors.

As much as I like Rose Tyler...and unlike a lot of people, I do...she was more of a signature RTD character than a Doctor Who character. It's not surprising.

That said, to quote Amergin, "Moffat lies."

Wrote the Book on Cool JSayonara's Avatar

Good.

----------------------------
    dEV likes this.

Zen Master of Cool

The year's young. But yeah, she got a nice wrap-up and they really didn't even need to bring her back for Tennant's farewell.

Way Cool

Pretty much i wouldn't like to see any continued stories on the companions..maybe a cameo scene from a point in time with their Doctor...
    Rose's story is done, Mickey's , Martha's and Donna and Wilf's as well...

I am sure we will be treated to more River and Jack , but as for any companion returning? --pretty much it should be Ian or Susan
    and if anyone gets a special scene maybe Ace gets a departure scene.

Way Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PeterWhitney View Post
    The year's young. But yeah, she got a nice wrap-up and they really didn't even need to bring her back for Tennant's farewell.
    Yes but the way they did so was perfect it wrapped up the story nicely. She met 10 right before she met 9 and before he became 11 --nice little moment, and a way for us to see a bit of pre-"Rose" Rose and Jackie
    AMDin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JSayonara View Post
    Good.
    ...You know, it's one-word trollsnarks like this that keep manufacturers of fallout shelters in business.

HellBlazerRaiser likes this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast