Thread: Doctor Whooves: The My Little Pony Fan Comic For Christmas Day

Administrator

Default Doctor Whooves: The My Little Pony Fan Comic For Christmas Day

[issuu width=420 height=315 backgroundColor=%23222222 documentId=121225190420-abd2de4f5ecd49d0bce71e8b3192268e name=doctor_whooves_-_night_of_the_living_doll username=richjohnston tag=bleeding%20cool unit=px v=2]

Peter G writes;
    "Twilight Sparkle had a few friends back in Canterlot. Among them was a mysterious individual known as the Doctor. She didn't know much about him, just that he had a brilliant mind, strong character, and was one of Princess Celestia's most trusted advisors. Until one day, he turned up in his blue police box and she stepped inside....

"P.S. For those wondering, the TARDIS control room I depict is based on the one from the second Peter Cushing movie. Just trying to show the lost Doctor some love."
    "Peter G is an independent writer and cartoonist. Among his works are the "Hannah Singer, Celestial Advocate" short story collections, the first volume of which has garnered high marks on the Self-Publishing Review. The third book, "Hope Springs Eternal," is due out this February."

Uhm...I like its mane?
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.

Wrote the Book on Cool

The inside of Whoove's "Tardis" looks like it's from the 2nd Peter Cushing movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    Uhm...I like its mane?
    See? THIS is why they invented the two drink minimum!

Quote Originally Posted by MrNitekatt View Post
    The inside of Whoove's "Tardis" looks like it's from the 2nd Peter Cushing movie!
    Very good, sir!

When I did the first comic, I tried to model the TARDIS control room on the first movie. But when reduced to cartoony minimalism and black and white (I suspect a lot of that crap was just to highlight the movie was in COLOR!, a very big deal in those days), it just looked chaotic. The second was much cleaner, especially when I removed the piping (although the camera is still against one wall, so what is across from the doors is still a mystery. If I ever draw it, I'll probably just stick more control panels and readouts there).

Maybe the movies weren't great, but I didn't think they were that bad. Just mentioning that because, if Cushing mentioned the movies in his autobiography, I must have missed it.

Bronies have invaded Bleeding Cool. We need to nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Xenos View Post
    Bronies have invaded Bleeding Cool. We need to nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
    Well, somebody's not read the latest Xtreme X-Men then....

Cheers
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."

Quote Originally Posted by The Xenos View Post
    Wait a sec...Brendon Connelly talking about how he enjoys the show...the guys from A Comic Show using BC to lobby IDW to make a FiM comic...lots of press and tracking the alternate covers...and you're only noticing NOW? ;-)

(Would it help if I said I was just a fan of the show and not part of the fandom? If you need proof, my DW comic pretty much violates everything fanon.)