Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Doctor Who's New Tardis Interior Revealed In Full (Plus Bonus Kissing)

Administrator

Default Doctor Who's New Tardis Interior Revealed In Full (Plus Bonus Kissing)

After the teasing fragments of the last couple of weeks, the BBC havenow gone ahead and revealed a bigger, better image of the new TARDISconsole room.

What's more, the Doctor is there to welcome us to it. He's wearing hismiserable Victorian grumpy suit but he's got that lovely Gallifreyansmile going on.

Did Steven Moffat say that Peter Davison was "his Doctor"? I think wesee some evidence of that here. Next stop: the grocery shop for a stalkof celery?

What follows may be considered a spoiler for at least the next fivedays, but probably only if you spend those days in the same cave you'vebeen enjoying for the last fortnight or so.

Because the BBC have also released this other new picture showing theDoctor and his new companion, Clara, smooching. So nice of Aunty to dothe shippers' heavy lifting for them.

Exceedingly Cool

Peter Davison was a pretty good Doctor. Peter Davidson, not so much.

Wrote the Book on Cool

It definitely has the classic TARDIS console look.
    Pop-Tart Samson likes this.

I like it. Much more cohesive and "spaceshipy" in design. The previous console room wasn't bad, but it was a madman's mixup of different things, IMO.

Dean of Cool University FilmBuffRich's Avatar

Interesting. I like the control panel off on the side wall. And where does that staircase go to? And where's the door in relation to everything. Can't wait to see it fully revealed on Tuesday.

Also, I don't think I would mind of the Doctor stuck with the Victorian look for a while.

Exceedingly Cool

What I see is that this new set was built for utility. We're entering the 50th anniversary which will most likely focus on nostalgia for all Who. If you were going to do new stories set in past regenerations, wouldn't you want a Tardis set that could easily be retrofitted to look the Tardis of those past era?

They now have that set. It would be pretty easy to redress that set to look like the console room of 1 through 7. No need to build anything from scratch.
    Last edited by DBHughes; 12-18-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Wrote the Book on Cool ShadowVoyd's Avatar

I'll miss the last console room. it was a bit of a love letter to the 8th Doctor's control room by way of a brighter, mad, candyland-like fever dream. This is definitely the "Nu-Who" aesthetic in a classic design packaging and I can't bemoan it in the least, particularly as they simply couldn't pick up and pack the old version. It was built on what was originally the Torchwood hub set, yes? Bit heavy, that.

As a longtime who fan, waiting for a new title sequence, version of the theme and a potential console and costume update was par for the course, so I'm glad we don't have to give up Matt Smith's 11th Doctor in order to get some new goodies for the remainder this season. And while I technically came in at almost the very end of Tom Baker's tenure, Peter Davison was the first new Doctor in my lifetime as both a fan and sentient carbon based life form (so I can see where Steven Moffat is coming from).

This will absolutely be one of the highlights of my holiday season by wide margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Reliant View Post
    I like it. Much more cohesive and "spaceshipy" in design. The previous console room wasn't bad, but it was a madman's mixup of different things, IMO.
    Well, he is definitely a madman with a box

Consultant of Cool

The only thing I don't like is the repeated smiley-face motif on the walls.

Wrote the Book on Cool The Valeyard's Avatar

Very old school. Sexy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast