Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Now Is The Time To Buy The Second Best Series Of Doctor Who On Blu-Ray

Administrator

Default Now Is The Time To Buy The Second Best Series Of Doctor Who On Blu-Ray

A couple of weeks back I proposed that Matt Smith's first year as The Doctor gave the BBC their best ever year of Doctor Who.

Now I put it to you that his second year amounts to their second best. The Neil Gaiman episode alone is an absolute wonder and rarely have I been whipped along by a TV show like I was byLet's Kill Hitler.

At the moment, the Blu-ray set is going for just $23.49, down from an RRP of $89.98.

You know you want to. I just did.
    Pop-Tart Samson likes this.

This series was a disaster. There were like three good episodes.

If it weren't for the Gaiman episode and the Craig episode there would be absolutely nothing worthwhile in this series.

For those that missed it when it was $20 on blu at Best Buy 2 weeks ago...

EDIT, looks like it's still at that price. Though sold out and not available for store pick up. D'oh!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Doctor+W...1312731&loc=01
    Last edited by Adam V; 12-10-2012 at 03:16 PM.
    Brendon Connelly likes this.
    Like comics? Video Games? Movies? Come join the fun at Adventure Seekers Wanted: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AdventureSeekersWanted/

Dean of Cool University Drew Melbourne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pwnbeaver View Post
    If it weren't for the Gaiman episode and the Craig episode there would be absolutely nothing worthwhile in this series.
    I contend that The Girl Who Waited was the best Doctor Who episode since Family of Blood.
    AMDin, toodoor and Pop-Tart Samson like this.

Bleeding Cool

I contend the only BAD episodes in that season was the Pirate one and the kid with nightmares in the closet one. Everything else was proper drama, proper action, proper scifi, and proper wonderment. Proper Doctor Who. So, yeah....easily the second-best. The opening stinger to A Good Man Goes to War is probably the single greatest opening to any Who episode yet:

Last edited by Pop-Tart Samson; 12-10-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    AMDin, Xteve and SpringheelWTC like this.
    Traveling.

VP in Charge of Cool AnomanderRake's Avatar

Seris 6 is nothing short of an unmitigated disaster in WHO-fandom for the most part. It has one or two great eps (Gaiman's ep and the Girl Who waited)...but the rest is all meant as a myriad of pieces to a puzzle no one gave a flying shit about (River Song's origin).

I'm a die hard fan and have given s6 more than one chance, and it's still EASILY the weakest since the show came back in 2005.
    Joe Kalicki likes this.

Gaiman episode aside, the series lack some wow factor, but there was nothing close to as bad as the poor episodes of previous years. Just a slight lack of oomph.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Consultant of Cool

Series 5 acheived something only Series 1 had done - and this is my opinion - it produced dull episodes. Not bad, not good, not excellent or awful... Just dull. Series 1 got away with it because Who was new again. Series 5... Not so.

Series 6 was a massive improvement, Series 7 so far, even better (despite me not liking Dinosaurs On A Spaceship).
    Pop-Tart Samson likes this.

Captain Cool

Too late, it is $80 now.

I'm ambivalent about the series, but I would have done it at that price.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast