Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Brendon Connelly

Thread: First Look: New TARDIS Control Room From Doctor Who's Christmas Special

Administrator

Default First Look: New TARDIS Control Room From Doctor Who's Christmas Special

Publicity images for this year's Doctor Who Christmas special, The Snowmen have revealed that the TARDIS is looking pretty battered and bruised on the outside right now, and if a new picture is anything to go by, it's possibly her new look rather than symptomatic of damage.

Maybe she's having the TARDIS equivalent of a sweatpants day. Would suit the Doctor's grumpy, scroogey mood.

Because, coincidental to that new look on the outside, there's a new look on the inside.

The BBC have issued this teasing look at part of the new console.

A rough cut of The Snowmen was screened at the BBC tonight. Spoilers are thin on the ground - which is all for the good - but the odd little bit is trickling out. So far, the most important detail, I think, is that this episode apparently goes out of its way to make it clear that Madame Vastra and Jenny are a couple.

The episode is apparently full of big reveals and does a good job of setting up hooks for the remaining episodes of the series. Okay, that's cool. Here's hoping it also works as a standalone story.

Wrote the Book on Cool Somebody's Avatar

They needed a new console room anyway as part of the move from Upper Boat to Reith Lock - the "Amy era" set (constructed over the old Torchwood Hub) wasn't designed to come apart, so it was actually cheaper for them to make a whole new Tardis interior. Any in-story reason is derived from that basic requirement.

And why is this in the Front Page Comic News forum, not the Doctor Who subforum of Front Page Film/TV News?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    They needed a new console room anyway as part of the move from Upper Boat to Reith Lock - the "Amy era" set (constructed over the old Torchwood Hub) wasn't designed to come apart, so it was actually cheaper for them to make a whole new Tardis interior. Any in-story reason is derived from that basic requirement.

And why is this in the Front Page Comic News forum, not the Doctor Who subforum of Front Page Film/TV News?
    I don't know how that works. I just post to the site as though a site, not the forum as though a forum.

Most things start out on the Front Page Comic News Forum (which probably could use a rename) and the get filed by the mods after their first run of life wears off.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    I might have imagined this, but wasn't there a rumour that the console room will evolve with a feel for "rooms of days gone past" to lead towards the 50th?

To be honest, I can remember where I heard this, or if I just dreamed it at some point, so take with a heavy grain of salt as possible speculation on my part...
    "Be nostalgic for now."

Co-creator of the Ogle Award-winning SF-Fantasy audio series, The Springheel Saga.
    www.facebook.com/TheSpringheelSaga

Consultant of Cool

And now, on a related note, The Snowman has suffered the weirdest spoilering in Doctor Who history, during a Twitter spat between Blogtor Who and the editor of DWM...
    Last edited by SpringheelWTC; 12-08-2012 at 05:56 AM.
    "Be nostalgic for now."

Co-creator of the Ogle Award-winning SF-Fantasy audio series, The Springheel Saga.
    www.facebook.com/TheSpringheelSaga