Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Rumours! Is The Doctor Who Anniversary Special Called The Eleven Doctors? Will All Eleven Appear?

Administrator

Default Rumours! Is The Doctor Who Anniversary Special Called The Eleven Doctors? Will All Eleven Appear?

The well-respected Doctor Who fansite Blogtor Who published, just minutes ago, a compilation of rumours regarding next year's 50th anniversary special. And then pretty much immediately deleted them.

But I have them all here, so let's take a look.

Blogtor cite "trusted people (with no reason to lie)" in providing all of the following info.

They say that the show will be called The Eleven Doctors and, indeed, feature all eleven doctors. They stress that all of them have agreed to take part, even marking all in bold - which is odd, as not all eleven are alive. Perhaps they mean there are agreements in place to somehow feature all eleven?

The rumours go on, and Blogtor say that two script variants were being prepared, one to feature Christopher Eccleston more heavily than the other, dependent on how much he wants to be involved.

It's said that show is to run for ninety minutes and will start shooting in February - while Mark Gatiss' drama about the creation of the show is said to start shooting in January.

It is pretty clearly implied that these pieces of info were all corroborated by secondary or multiple sources as the story also said:
    Series 7 Part 2 (8 episodes airing in Spring 2013) will lead into the 50th Anniversary with appearances from past Doctors in some stories. [I should add, I've only heard this from one person and, personally, I'm not too sure of its veracity. Included for completion.]
    The rumours don't actually stop with the 50th anniversary special either, as these unnamed sources have apparently also revealed that Matt Smith is set to regenerate in a subsequent special set for New Year airing - presumably the 2013-14 New Year.

Now, this post was deleted pretty quickly, and I have no idea why. Still, it was out there for a while...

VP in Charge of Cool

^^This is what I want form the 50th. Yes. Make this happen...including Doctor's appearing throughout S7!

We still need to see the "fall of eleven" or whatever that teaser was.

I don't want to lose Smith, but that's a pretty healthy run I guess.

Consultant of Cool

I'll take the one with more Eccleston
    jcb10, Comedian, Sparvid and 4 others like this.

Consultant of Cool

Moffat is on record saying he beleves the stunt value of having a Doctor meet another one only lasts for about seven minutes. Threading previous Doctors seperately through-out other stories, therefore, would make the most sense for egos (see The Dark Dimension), and also allow that stunt value that Moffat prefers. If this is happening.

However, I don't see Eccleston returning for all he could be offered.

Also, could the article have been pulled because Blogtor was hoaxed?

E: Of course, Colin Baker's schedule over that period isn't going to calm the rumoured filming dates down either... http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2012/11...e-roundup.html
    Last edited by SpringheelWTC; 11-30-2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Add URL
    "Be nostalgic for now."

Co-creator of the Ogle Award-winning SF-Fantasy audio series, The Springheel Saga.
    www.facebook.com/TheSpringheelSaga

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SpringheelWTC View Post
    Moffat is on record saying he beleves the stunt value of having a Doctor meet another one only lasts for about seven minutes.
    So, ideally, the Doctor would only meet one previous Doctor for about 7 minutes before going off to meet another one. And if they have 10 previous Doctors (which they can't actually do since 1, 2, and 3 are dead), that would mean a 70 minute show.
    SpringheelWTC likes this.

With "The Three Doctors" and "The Five Doctors", yes, please, we need "The Eleven Doctors".

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMoon5 View Post
    So, ideally, the Doctor would only meet one previous Doctor for about 7 minutes before going off to meet another one. And if they have 10 previous Doctors (which they can't actually do since 1, 2, and 3 are dead), that would mean a 70 minute show.
    Might make for a great Parkinson-type show, not great drama.
    Mad_Man_Moon likes this.
    "Be nostalgic for now."

Co-creator of the Ogle Award-winning SF-Fantasy audio series, The Springheel Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMoon5 View Post
    And if they have 10 previous Doctors (which they can't actually do since 1, 2, and 3 are dead), that would mean a 70 minute show.
    Michael Troughton looks amazingly like his father. Sean Pertwee looks amazingly like his father. MT isn't an actor AFAIK, but maybe arrangements are being made to get these guys to follow in their father's footsteps.

Or perhaps Matt Smith is about to "Forrest Gump" his way into some old episodes...

Consultant of Cool

Re. all eleven agreed to appear:

They did manage to get all living Doctors and estates of those no longer with us to sign-off on that Olympic feature that was dropped from the Opening Ceremony...
    "Be nostalgic for now."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast