Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: New Doctor Who Companion To Be Named Tomorrow - It's A "She", She's Pretty But "Not Household Name"

  1. #1
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    12,790

    Default New Doctor Who Companion To Be Named Tomorrow - It's A "She", She's Pretty But "Not Household Name"

    [caption id="attachment_146427" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Random unrelated woman"][/caption]

    Tomorrow morning, Steven Moffat will host a press conference to introduce the actress cast as Doctor Who's new companion. The timing probably isn't arbitrary - I expect we'll be seeing her film in public places over the coming days and weeks.

    As of now, the best info we have comes from Daily Mirror TV section Deputy Editor Mark Jeffers. Here's his interesting tweet on the matter:
    BBC source has confirmed to me they will unveil new Doctor Who assistant tmrow. She is "pretty" but "not household name".

    ? Mark Jefferies (@mirrorjeffers) March 20, 2012
    Quite a formulaic choice? Well, we'll have to wait and see.

    What this means for Miranda Hart's involvement in the series is also unclear - she's definitely a household name here in the UK - but it doesn't, by itself, rule Sophia Myles out of the running.

    Myself, I don't think it's Myles, despite the gathered evidence to the contrary. Moffat has referred to this upcoming companion as a "new friend" and, timey wimey-ness or no, Myles' Reinette certainly had a relationship with the tenth Doctor.

    UPDATE: Aisling Loftus is the hot tip on the grapevine. We'll see...

    Stay tuned to Bleeding Cool in the morning because, all being well, we'll be bringing the news to you at the very second we know it. In the mean time... anybody got a wish list? Who might you like it to be?

  2. #2
    King of Cool Peter J Poole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Falkirk, Scotland
    Posts
    19,027

    Default

    An unknown actress. Playing a young Margaret Thatcher, from the 1970's, serving her time with the Doctor before going back to a career in politics...

    I like the BC Drinking Game far too much...

    Cheers
    Mart and thekeith82 like this.
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."

  3. #3
    Bleeding Cool toodoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    12,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter J Poole View Post
    An unknown actress. Playing a young Margaret Thatcher, from the 1970's, serving her time with the Doctor before going back to a career in politics...

    I like the BC Drinking Game far too much...

    Cheers
    My God what horrors did she see?
    thekeith82 likes this.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

    My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

    Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Wrote the Book on Cool GeneHoyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Palm Beach Fl
    Posts
    634

    Default

    I just want her name to be Tomorrow.;p

  5. #5
    Bleeding Cool Mike H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Duckburg
    Posts
    16,162

    Default

    There's nothing to stop Sophia Myles from playing a different character. It's happened several times in the show's long history, hasn't it? Even the 6th Doctor, Colin Baker, played a Gallifreyan guard in a serial before stepping into the Doctor's shoes.
    thekeith82 likes this.

  6. #6
    Captain Cool thekeith82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shropshire, UK
    Posts
    3,159

    Default

    Myself, I don't think it's Myles, despite the gathered evidence to the contrary. Moffat has referred to this upcoming companion as a "new friend" and, timey wimey-ness or no, Myles' Reinette certainly had a relationship with the tenth Doctor.
    Jessica Hynes and Eve Myles both played descendents of characters who met the Doctor in the past. Freema Ageyman (sp?) played Martha's cousin first. Karen Gillian played a completely unrelated character in ancient Pompeii before Amy. There's plenty of possibilities for Sophia Myles to play a "new friend"

    [edit] Ninja'd by Mike. Great minds...
    Mike H. likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    That post was written by New 52 Keith. His entire origin has been changed and everything (although some people will still insist that doesn't matter and that he's still the same character as always).

  7. #7
    Dean of Cool University Mart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,896

    Default

    I want it to be someone I've never heard of, I'm not keen on 'names' in Doctor Who. We've already had the BBC's pets with Catherine Tate (who admittedly turned out great) and James Corden (not keen). I could do without any more overexposed stars.
    toodoor likes this.
    Visit http://dangermart.blogspot.com/ for comic reviews

  8. #8
    Bleeding Cool toodoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    12,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    I want it to be someone I've never heard of, I'm not keen on 'names' in Doctor Who. We've already had the BBC's pets with Catherine Tate (who admittedly turned out great) and James Corden (not keen). I could do without any more overexposed stars.
    Pretty much in agreement here. They don't need names, pick an unknown.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

    My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

    Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

  9. #9
    Captain Cool thekeith82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shropshire, UK
    Posts
    3,159

    Default

    Brendon just posted a story (the one about the movie Death of a Superhero) saying he's hearing rumours that it's Aisling Loftus, who played Arrietty in the BBC adaptation of The Borrowers over Christmas...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    That post was written by New 52 Keith. His entire origin has been changed and everything (although some people will still insist that doesn't matter and that he's still the same character as always).

  10. #10
    Bleeding Cool Mike H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Duckburg
    Posts
    16,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thekeith82 View Post
    Jessica Hynes and Eve Myles both played descendents of characters who met the Doctor in the past. Freema Ageyman (sp?) played Martha's cousin first. Karen Gillian played a completely unrelated character in ancient Pompeii before Amy. There's plenty of possibilities for Sophia Myles to play a "new friend"

    [edit] Ninja'd by Mike. Great minds...
    Parallel thinking. I went straight for the Doctor and you covered the companions. Internet high-five.
    thekeith82 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •