Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Where to get FREE digital comics; Marvel, DC, and more!

Dean of Cool University

Default Where to get FREE digital comics; Marvel, DC, and more!

Hey,
    For those that don't know about it, here are some links for FREE digital comics.

Marvel:
    Free Digital Comics - Marvel Comics - New titles are added typically each Tuesday. Most books rotate out after 2 weeks. Marvel does have a few recurring freebies.

DC:
    Free Digital Comics - DC Entertainment - Less frequently added books, but most books remain free once they are offered as such.

Comixology:
    Free Digital Comics - Comics by comiXology - New titles added each week. Various publishers.

Dark Horse:
    https://digital.darkhorse.com/free/ - Looks to be a static list once books are added. Mostly licensed titles.
    Jlaw likes this.

Consultant of Cool

I appreciate the links. I found the free comics on Marvel Comic Store when Avengers vs. X-Men #0 was advertised on Marvel's Facebook a couple weeks back, and downloaded a few issues since then. Glad that I know the schedule now, so I know when to take my weekly trip to the site.

There's also the Marvel DCU. Free Digital Comics | Comics | Marvel.com This was updated with weekdaily free comics, but recently it's been relegated to free comics every Friday. Looking back through the 262 constant comics, it's mostly all-ages stuff, but there iss some cool stuff, like the entire runs of X-Men: First Class, Wolverine: First Class, Mary Jane, and Spider-Man and the Secret Wars. As for individual issues, Fantastic Four #587, The Avengers #9, #12 and #270, Uncanny X-Men #373 and #389, The Invincible Iron Man #58 and #500, Deadpool Team-Up #887 and I Am an Avenger #1.

Not listed in the Free Digital Comics category, the MDCU also features Captain America Comics #1, #3, #4 and #6, and X-Men #157-165 without a MDCU subscription required.
    Comic Books Captain America Comics (1941 - 1950) | Browse Comic Books From Captain America Comics (1941 - 1950) | Comics | Marvel.com
    Comic Books X-Men (2004 - 2007) | Browse Comic Books From X-Men (2004 - 2007) | Comics | Marvel.com Fills the numerical hole following New X-Men, and as far as I'm aware these issues have not been collected in trade paperback.
    cjones77 likes this.
    The pull list:
    Hawkeye
    Loki: Agent of Asgard
    Black Widow
    Iron Fist: The Living Weapon
    She-Hulk
    Star Wars

Dean of Cool University

Also of note is that some free books for marvel are only available on the app. Like the Marvel Previews or some of the free preview books passed out at LCS.

Dean of Cool University

Consultant of Cool

With the rearrangement of the Comics section on the Marvel site, seems the free category for the DCU has gone away.

However, I've kept some of the issues bookmarked, and on those issues it doesn't resort to a four page preview. So, if you have the list saved, you'll still be able to access them.
    cjones77 likes this.
    The pull list:
    Hawkeye
    Black Widow
    She-Hulk
    Star Wars

Consultant of Cool

There's now a section on Disney XD's site for free Marvel comics, to tie in with the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon... which redirects to the Disney XD site when clicked.

Marvel Comics Close-Up | Marvel | Disney XD
    The pull list:
    Hawkeye
    Black Widow
    She-Hulk
    Star Wars

Consultant of Cool

With great site rearrangements, comes great... Heroes Reborn?!

Get Started With Free Issues | Comics | Marvel.com

It seems Marvel NOW! isn't enough of a starting point - decades old relaunches are good enough.

Although, for those who haven't read the Lee issues, a number of Lee #1's are on the free section. Interestingly, Avengers #1 redirects to the not-free Avengers #1 1/2 which I'm still interested in reading. Bah.
    The pull list:
    Hawkeye
    Black Widow
    She-Hulk
    Star Wars

Cool

I have been keeping a running list of free comic links and it looks like comiXology is back out with over 700 Free #1 issues, but you have to sign-up for a link.

Dean of Cool University

Star Trek: Countdown To Darkness #1 - Comics by comiXology

Star Trek: Countdown to Darkness #1 free

Dean of Cool University

Arrow (2012-) #1 - Comics by comiXology

Arrow (2012-) #2 - Comics by comiXology

Arrow (2012-) #1: Special Edition - Comics by comiXology

Three issues of the ARROW digital first comic available for free. #1 and #2 are limited time only at the free price.
    Jlaw likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast