Thread: No More Heroes - my debut comic

Default No More Heroes - my debut comic

Issue one of my debut comic No More Heroes is now available. Here's the teaser poster for it:

Picture1-1.jpg

If you check out my website you can read the first ten pages for FREE.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No More Heroes: the best comic you'll ever read (that's written by me). FREE ten page preview! Click HERE

Thanks to the very kind Mr Johnston, No More Heroes has made it to the front page of BC!
    No More Heroes: the best comic you'll ever read (that's written by me). FREE ten page preview! Click HERE

A preview for #2:

In issue 2 of No More Heroes, Sid's life goes to Pieces...

Zen Master of Cool

SWIPE FILE: ARM FALL OFF BOY.

Just kidding, this actually looks like fun. Kinda early Dave Johnson meets early Cary Nord.

Wonder if they'd let me use Arm Fall Off Boy for a cross-over..?

I'm pleased to say three quarters of the limited edition of #1 are now gone. If anyone's interested in picking up a copy it's best done quickly as I've got a few Con appearences coming up soon and they'll be gone after that. No reprint.

And #2 has now been sent to the printers. Here's another teaser:

Issue two is now on sale. I've bought and read my digital copy (once again available DRM-free in both PDF & CBR formats at the wallet-friendly price of 1) and I'm enjoying this rather a lot. I don't have much interest in superhero stuff these days, but there's enough fresh ideas and nasty humour in this to keep me coming back. Great job, Gordon & co.
    When in doubt, "Try not to be a dick" is usually a good place to start.
    The infrequently-updated Euro comics thread || Small Press Reviews thread||Random Chat thread

Thanks! I can promise lots more dark humour and twisted bits to come. No more exploding polar bears, though, I'm afraid. Maybe it's not too late to add some...

Shit, I've really dropped the ball on keeping this thread up to date!

Anyway, things have been going well. We won Best Comic at this year's Scottish Independent Comic Book Awards, been getting some great reviews, sold a lot of copies and are now approaching the fourth and final issue: time to find out if the big reveal of what really happened shocks readers like I hope it will. I really doubt anyone saw it coming!

The first half of #1 is still available to read for FREE on our website. You can also, you know, buy issues while you're there (HINT HINT!).

Some free tastes of our latest issue:

Attached Images Attached Images