Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Deathmatch Planning Of Justice League Of America #1 (SPOILERS)

Administrator

Default The Deathmatch Planning Of Justice League Of America #1 (SPOILERS)

There are spoilers for Justice League Of America #1 and for Justice League #17 here. Two for the price of one.

As Steve Trevor states in the new Justice League Of America #1 - Amanda Waller hasn't been putting people together in her new government sanctioned team - but powers. And then lays them out directly. One intended to match every member on the Justice League's team, like a professional football coach, analysing the opponents and arranging someone to block them. There's even a diagram.

Blimey, it's like we're in a Jonathan Hickman comic or something. Can Katana really take down a demi-god? Would anyone else dare?

With Boom's Deathmatch, Image's America's Got Powers and Marvel's Avengers Arena, there seems to be something in this set-em-up-and-knock-em-down idea percolating through superhero comics right now.

And of course, as Justce League #1 shows us, it's not just the good guys who are doing it...

Rich hire an editor you mean Justice League 17 the villains are teaming up.

Also fuck yes Legion of Doom!

Zen Master of Cool

I don't get some of these matchups. WW and Bats should win easily and I would think Vibe would be a better counter for Cyborg and Stargirl one for Flash. Also, I guess Aquaman is going to drown Hawkman, or Hawkman will drop Aquaman from the atmosphere.
    Superfictious - Read super fiction, metafiction, and flash fiction from the original physicist fictionist.

As long as I get a repeat from Blackest Night of Martian Manhunter's "I'm as strong as Superman" rant.

Wrote the Book on Cool Mars Hottentot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maybeland View Post
    Rich hire an editor you mean Justice League 17 the villains are teaming up.

Also fuck yes Legion of Doom!
    And pay someone to fix something he clearly doesn't give a shit about and doesn't stop anyone from Cl$cking? Get outta town, son.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Hottentot View Post
    And pay someone to fix something he clearly doesn't give a shit about and doesn't stop anyone from Cl$cking? Get outta town, son.
    I just like a scurrilous rumors to be coherently written

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

That's ridiculous. None of those guys(except for maybe Hawkman and StarGirl) stands a chance against their counterparts. Katana against WW? Catwoman against Batman? Wolverine taking out Lobo made more sense.
    PLEASE CONSIDER putting SilverSmurfer on ignore due to his factually incorrect and hysteric claim that "Uber" is a "historically revisionist nazi fantasy," and that we should boycott Avatar for it.
    Thank you for your Considerations.

Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman all have the same look on their face for some reason

Wrote the Book on Cool 0bsessions's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by die-yng View Post
    That's ridiculous. None of those guys(except for maybe Hawkman and StarGirl) stands a chance against their counterparts. Katana against WW? Catwoman against Batman? Wolverine taking out Lobo made more sense.
    I dunno, man. I don't see any precedent for Hal being able to beat up another Green Lantern. Nope, not a one.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobN View Post
    Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman all have the same look on their face for some reason
    It's known in the business as Finch face, all your characters look like they just smelled something rancid.

I hope with Manke leaving GL on issue 20 he can take over art duties on this book.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast