Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Man Who Spoiled Spider-Man Does It Again With Batman Inc #8 (SPOILERS)

Administrator

Default The Man Who Spoiled Spider-Man Does It Again With Batman Inc #8 (SPOILERS)

Are we going to believe any more clandestine subway meetings again?

The online retailer who posted Amazing Spider-Man #700 on eBay weeks ahead of publication is at it again, posting the covers for Batman Inc #8. The one DC has told retailers to increase their orders on.

Now, technically, this is not a spoiler, since this is the cover you'll see when you walk in the shop, before you even read a page. And there's no intervening Batman Inc you can read before that moment. But still... expect the world's greatest detective to trywork out how he got his comics two weeks in advance again...

Here's the cover in question. Could our speculation pay out? Putting everything back in the box?

I dunno, you wait ages for a comic book icon death and then two come along at once.

VP in Charge of Cool superfriend's Avatar

this's been speculated on for a long time now. and good on Morrison that he's doing/gets to do what he wants with his own creation.

i'm kinda more interested in what this does to the Batman & Robin title or what happens to Batman, Inc once Morrison moves on. or what do they do with Batwing (approaching the kill zone) and the Batmen of the World concept once Morrison is gone?

the companies or even other creators have not been able to get too much traction on The Abandoned Ideas of Grant Morrison over the years, despite him seeding so many and with the intent that they be employed as productive IP.

interesting.
    eye em aych oh

sometimes the best argument in favor of the old... is the new.
    stay thirsty my friends.

I think that every time this happens, retailers should get full returnability on the book. When a retailer breaks street date, they face a fine. DC and Marvel should too. Get your leaks under control or take the hit to the bottom line.

And the guy who posted this art on twitter and spoiled this (as he did ASM 700) is a jerk.

This also isn't the end of the story or issue.

My money says the real story hinges on what Bruce is willing to do to get Damian back.

Also, Morrison may clear the deck with Damian as Robin but that doesn't mean it's the end of Damian's story. We could see, for example, Damian become the Batman of Heaven/Hell who polices the afterlife or Damian get brought back in the 853rd century as a gesture of goodwill between the golden Superman Prime (who Grant has used in more than one continuity now) and his old friend Bruce. Or Damian back and simply retired from being Robin after Bruce resurrects him.

I'd feel pretty safe is guessing a Harper Row Robin will hit the core books and is the WTF Certified cover coming up. But that doesn't mean Damian stays dead or that his story ends.

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by michaelman9 View Post
    And the guy who posted this art on twitter and spoiled this (as he did ASM 700) is a jerk.
    I agree, but doesn't it make sense though, that the people who re-post and publicize this spoiler are even bigger jerks?

Fool me once saying some unnamed guy was nice enough to just give you a copy; fool me TWICE....

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    Also, Morrison may clear the deck with Damian as Robin but that doesn't mean it's the end of Damian's story. We could see, for example, Damian become the Batman of Heaven/Hell who polices the afterlife or Damian get brought back in the 853rd century as a gesture of goodwill between the golden Superman Prime (who Grant has used in more than one continuity now) and his old friend Bruce. Or Damian back and simply retired from being Robin after Bruce resurrects him.
    Yes, but since all of those futures are from Morrison written stories, he may feel the need to take Damian off DC's table so others can't play with him in ways he won't like.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Guess who didn't actually die in Batman RIP?

So...

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Guess who didn't actually die in Batman RIP?

So...
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast