Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Comics Creators Arrive In Charlotte For Creative Summit

Administrator

Default DC Comics Creators Arrive In Charlotte For Creative Summit

Cloudy with a chance of Crisis?

DC Comics may not admit it is officially happening. But right now, DC creators are arriving in Charlotte, North Carolina, where the DC Creative Summit is kicking off just about... now. Let's follow their journey...
    Up early to get to the airport - hoping it's mellow, and not a post-storm nightmare.

? Charles Soule (@CharlesSoule) February 10, 2013
    A bunch of comic book writer geeks in a house together in Appalachia. This is either a romantic comedy or we're all gonna die. ? The Scott Lobdell (@ScottyLobdell) February 9, 2013
    There's a lady across from me (from Kentucky) chewing the ears off the polite couple sitting next to her... who CLEARLY want her to STFU ? Brian Booch (@BrianBooch) February 10, 2013
    So @brianbooch and I have over an hour to kill at LAX. What should we talk about? ? Kyle Higgins (@KyleDHiggins) February 10, 2013
    Starting tomorrow I will be flying 4 times this week. Big whoop. ? Jimmy Palmiotti (@jpalmiotti) February 10, 2013
    @jpalmiotti see you soon? ? Francis Manapul (@FrancisManapul) February 10, 2013
    I am in Charlotte, gonna look at Charlottianistas. ? GailSimone (@GailSimone) February 10, 2013
    Great catching up with @jock4twenty after. Now en route to Gatwick. ? Andy Diggle (@andydiggle) February 9, 2013
    Memphis layover... twitter.com/BrianBooch/sta? ? Brian Booch (@BrianBooch) February 10, 2013
    Taking the orbital shuttle from Gateway Station in the morning. twitter.com/andydiggle/sta? ? Andy Diggle (@andydiggle) February 9, 2013
    That would be this Gateway Station.
    5/155 And onward to Charlotte

? Justin_Jordan (@Justin_Jordan) February 10, 2013
    Expressway. Ugh twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/st?

? Scott Snyder (@Ssnyder1835) February 10, 2013
    Of course not everyone is there. John Layman?
    Paris after dark. twitter.com/themightylayma?

? Layman (@themightylayman) February 9, 2013

So I'm guessing this summit isn't just 1 day, yes?

As a Monday-Friday wage worker it just seems kinda weird for a work-related....hell, for any sort of event to start on a Sunday and not also finish on a Sunday......

Dean of Cool University Acrid_Gunsmoke's Avatar

Well played, Mr. Layman. Well played.

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

Layman won!
    PLEASE CONSIDER putting SilverSmurfer on ignore due to his factually incorrect and hysteric claim that "Uber" is a "historically revisionist nazi fantasy," and that we should boycott Avatar for it.
    Thank you for your Considerations.

WTF are the gonna be doin? Maybe they'll be trying to figure out what happens in Trinity War. or maybe Dan Didio will continue to fuck everything up.

Wrote the Book on Cool

If I were a comic creator, I would think this was fun. They don't get to see each other often. It is like a creative think-tank. I'm glad this is happening. This can only mean good things for the future because these creators don't have to be impacted by the craziness of Comic Con and they could discuss problems within the company first-hand -- even if that isn't why they're there.

Strategies for The Trinity War. Speaking of sales. Approaches in the coming months. The six titles that will replace the canceled.

Consultant of Cool

I don't know why there's so much hate on these boards for Scott Lobdell. Guy's funny!

FT1973

Ooooooorrrrrgggggggyyyyyy!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FT1973 View Post
    I don't know why there's so much hate on these boards for Scott Lobdell. Guy's funny!

FT1973
    Because it was a crime to write X-Men in the 90s.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast