Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Brian Azzarello Kinda Confirms That DC Creative Conference In Charlotte

Administrator

Default Brian Azzarello Kinda Confirms That DC Creative Conference In Charlotte

Brian Azzarello tweeted;
    Reck'n I oughtta be shav'n m'face, an pack'n m'banjo... RT @richjohnston More On The DC Creative Conference bcool.bz/XFrGG5

? Brian Azzarello (@brianazzarello) January 28, 2013
    Which kinda confirms the story. Ish. Marvel Editor In Chief Alex Alonso tweeted;
    I smell a new reality TV show. bleedingcool.com/2013/01/25/the?

? axel alonso (@axelalonsomarv) January 25, 2013
    Yeah, yeah, Axel, I've heard some entertaining stories from Marvel's writer retreats as well, remember...

But for those who may (or may not) be attending this event, why not pop by a local comic store and create a mini-convention? Charlotte stores include Heroes Aren't Hard To Find, Rebel Base Comics & Toys, Spandex City, Comic Collector's Cove, Da Playground, and A Penny's Worth Comics...

I did also want to address one thing. One North Carolina resident was upset with a previous article on this conference, embedding the Dueling Banjos scene from the movie Delieverance, as Azzarello refers to above a) because it was actually set on the Georgia/South Carolina border and b) because it gave a stereotyped, unrecognisable and offensive impression of the area and its people. That wasn't my intent, obviously I apologise for any offence, I was going for an out-of-the-way cabin-in-the-woods feel combined with an actual creative act, such as banjo playing. If it had been in Britain, I'd have gone for The Wicker Man or the beginning of An American Werewolf In London. I didn't mean to to be actually representative of anyone.

So with that in mind, let's have a look at how DC will be tackling female reader issues at the conference.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSrtTKfMF0[/youtube]

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Marvel Editor In Chief Alex Alonso tweeted;

Yeah, yeah, Axel, I've heard some entertaining stories from Marvel's writer retreats as well, remember...
    Yeah and I remember a time when you used to report those stories

Wrote the Book on Cool papabear's Avatar

UUUGGGHHHH! Thanks for the apoligy Rich. I can't wait to see you at HeroCon this year. You are coming right? I know you love the Charlotte area, since it is obvious you have been here before.
    SAMURAI36 and Matt Krotzer like this.

Way Cool

Quote Originally Posted by papabear View Post
    UUUGGGHHHH! Thanks for the apoligy Rich. I can't wait to see you at HeroCon this year. You are coming right? I know you love the Charlotte area, since it is obvious you have been here before.

Charlotte is a city and this isn't news.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ssalefish View Post
    Charlotte is a city
    Shes also a bitch.

Exceedingly Cool

I had to click on the "Noprth Carolina" tag out of morbid curiosity just to see if there might have been any other articles on Bleeding Cool with the same time. Sadly I ended up a bit disappointed.
    Timber-Munki and Hatebunny like this.

Wrote the Book on Cool CBattles6's Avatar

Wow, I almost forgot that Jessica Simpson used to look like that. What in God's name happened?
    calkundera and Matt Krotzer like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by papabear View Post
    I lived in NC for several years. I can honestly say, that Charlotte was the ONLY redeeming city in that whole state.
    Cavemold likes this.

Zen Master of Cool Marvel Zombie 9's Avatar
    Arkham Asylum, but I like to "Summer" in Coast City.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Marvel Editor In Chief Alex Alonso tweeted:

Does anyone know when Marvel is going to change their company name to "PKB Publishing*"?

*PKB = Pot Kettle Black
    SAMURAI36 likes this.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast