Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: He Said, She Said

Administrator

Default He Said, She Said

Gail Simone, in early December.
    Okay, well, if you read the news on Bleeding Cool, I unfortunately have the sad duty to confirm that it?s true.?* As of Wednesday of last week, I was informed by an email from?* my new editor that I am no longer the writer of Batgirl.
    Two weeks later, she writes;Today, Bob Harras is quoted as saying, without any follow up question;
    What we had was Ray [Fawkes] coming on for two months to help out, schedule-wise. We're very happy Gail is back; she's on the book moving forward, so to me, that was a moment in time where we were just looking for Gail's next plot to come in and we're moving forward.
    Time to bring in Donald Trump (for Brits, replace with Lord Sugar)

Burbank soon, but up Jim Lee's ass 'til we get there!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Gail Simone, in early December.
    Okay, well, if you read the news on Bleeding Cool, I unfortunately have the sad duty to confirm that it?s true.?* As of Wednesday of last week, I was informed by an email from?* my new editor that I am no longer the writer of Batgirl.
    Two weeks later, she writes;Today, Bob Harras is quoted as saying, without any follow up question;
    What we had was Ray [Fawkes] coming on for two months to help out, schedule-wise. We're very happy Gail is back; she's on the book moving forward, so to me, that was a moment in time where we were just looking for Gail's next plot to come in and we're moving forward.
    Bob Harras was a lying sack-of-shit Marvel editor 25 years ago, a lying sack-of-shit Marvel editor-in-chief 15 years ago, and he's a lying sack-of-shit DC editor-in-chief today. Happy 2013!

Exceedingly Cool

It's wierd. It seems likely there is more than we will ever know (as in almost all comic news) and aren't likely to get the full story. Simone is on the book and I like her writing so I'm fine.

A dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind.

Bob Harras: corporate slave without an iota of creativity and free will.

And that's the reason why he's 'E-i-C' and 'Senior VP' of DC.
    die-yng, Qward-O, JoshF and 4 others like this.

Consultant of Cool

how many times were creators fired and rehired off of books prior to the internet? gazllions...and you know what? the comics were just as interesting without knowing the peyton place drama

VP in Charge of Cool superfriend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garyarmstrong View Post
    how many times were creators fired and rehired off of books prior to the internet? gazllions...and you know what? the comics were just as interesting without knowing the peyton place drama
    now, i don't speak for everyone here. so let me be clear on that.

i think if most of the comics hadn't gone to shit and left people with nothing to do but root around in DC's trash and hang around their back doors to figure out wtf happened, everything woulda been fine.

the mismanagement, general disorder, and poor taste (oh Jim Lee and your costume designs!) it seems, appear to be contributing to a shit product.

or it could be the harassing phone calls i get from DC's office ever since The New 52 started.
    OMAR, twincast and Teaser2012 like this.
    eye em aych oh

sometimes the best argument in favor of the old... is the new.
    stay thirsty my friends.

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

DC! Making it worse with lies in 2013!!
    Qward-O, twincast and Teaser2012 like this.
    PLEASE CONSIDER putting SilverSmurfer on ignore due to his factually incorrect and hysteric claim that "Uber" is a "historically revisionist nazi fantasy," and that we should boycott Avatar for it.
    Thank you for your Considerations.

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

And now I'm definitely sure that it was Harras who wanted her off the book and the intervention by the other big guys made him retract his decision.
    PLEASE CONSIDER putting SilverSmurfer on ignore due to his factually incorrect and hysteric claim that "Uber" is a "historically revisionist nazi fantasy," and that we should boycott Avatar for it.
    Thank you for your Considerations.

A dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by garyarmstrong View Post
    Why not take decisions with some level of deliberation and certainty... instead of make themselves look like a bunch of fools leaking that type of information?

No one to blame but themselves.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STFmaryville View Post
    Bob Harras was a lying sack-of-shit Marvel editor 25 years ago, a lying sack-of-shit Marvel editor-in-chief 15 years ago, and he's a lying sack-of-shit DC editor-in-chief today. Happy 2013!
    Damn right. Thanks for your post.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast