Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By JSayonara
  • 1 Post By jonboy

Thread: Blackbriar Thorn Has Never Looked Quite As Much Like Alan Moore As He Does In Animal Man #16

Administrator

Default Blackbriar Thorn Has Never Looked Quite As Much Like Alan Moore As He Does In Animal Man #16

So anyway, in Animal Man #16, out today, Animal Man and his crew go up against Blackfriar Thorn, who seems to have grown a little bit. As has his beard. Is it me or is it a familiar beard? Maybe there will be some clues in the kind of things he says.

Well, he didn't like the film did he? Certainly he seems as belligerant towards DC icons, especially ones he co-created, as ever.

But that's okay, as we know with Before Watchmen, DC always wins..

Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    But that's okay, as we know with Before Watchmen, DC always wins..
    According to your post The Top 500 Selling Comics Of 2012 And The Top 500 Selling Graphic Novels Too - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors Alan Moore, Robert Kirkman and Batman always win.

Alan Moore has 4 tpbs in top 50 (LEOG Century, Watchmen, Batman Killing Joke and V for Vendetta), only Robert Kirkman has more entries in the top 50.

Wrote the Book on Cool JSayonara's Avatar

Breaking news: Comic book character with straggly beard looks vaguely like real life person with straggly beard.

And now here's Ollie with the Weather.

Exceedingly Cool

Much Ado About Nothing.... thy name is Bleeding Cool "News"
    Comedian likes this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

What a joke of an article. Come on Rich, this is just ridiculous. I'm sure I could point out someone in comics that looks like every other person.

Cool

Default ha

I wouldn't call before Watchmen winning...

Consultant of Cool Bucky Sinister's Avatar

Don't know if you're barking up the right tree here or not, Rich, but HEH.

(Though if you are, I think Constantine's line is really the smoking gun. It's not too far a stretch for me to believe that DC and its corporate overlords would like for everyone to think that Alan Moore is really just a "scared little wizard" hiding inside the fake giant of his reputation. Maybe then reporters would stop asking him questions about what he thinks of the things they're doing with his characters...)

Exceedingly Cool

mmmm.....
    Blackbriar Thorn's first appearance in the DCU was Feb 1984 (DC Comics Presents #66).
    The same month that Saga of the Swamp Thing #21 came out (Alan Moore takes over Swamp Thing).

Blackbriar Thorn was co-created by Len Wein, who also co-created Swamp Thing and was editing SotST when Alan Moore took it over.

So obviously, this current drawing was mandated by Didio to insult Moore.

VP in Charge of Cool Darth_Lukecash's Avatar

Alan Moore has had the best revenge on DC, by continuing to do great works.

DC has provided people with entertainment, and the occasional works of art.