Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: DC Nation Returns This Weekend - Here Are Four Preview Videos

Administrator

Default DC Nation Returns This Weekend - Here Are Four Preview Videos

Young Justice, Green Lantern and the whole DC Nation shebang return this Saturday for the first since they just vanished without warning back in October.

Here are four preview clips to show you that we're back to business as usual.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp5z7-qBfnU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW7sV4bnlho[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI5j2bSBzmU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0aZ5YmnySg[/youtube]

So that's this week's entertainment lined up like little ducks.

We still don't know why the disappearing act, but the real question, I think, is about where DC Nation might be headed in the future. I have a feeling that both Young Justice and Green Lantern will just be seeing out their orders now.

The DC nation shorts are just fantastic. I really hope they all get collected into one big blue ray at some point.

Regarding the Young Justice cartoon, I think Young Justice has had few seasons so maybe it's time is up? I've never watched it, but it never really appealed. It just seemed strange that they weren't making more Teen Titans or more Justice League. Young Justice always seemed a strange in between sort of show, though word of mouth sounded very positive.

As for Green Lantern, is Hal Jordan's failure complete now? Failed at the box office and now failed on Cartoon Network. I actually wish it had been a success, then we might have had a Flash cartoon.

I think the sad truth is that you need Batman, Robin or Superman to keep a show going for a few seasons on Cartoon Network. I know there is another Batman show starting, but I guess they need another show as well. Personally I'd love it if the DC nation shorts were turned into half hour shows.

Also there was something on the internet about toy sales not being great related to these shows, in which case DC marketing and merchandising need to work out wtf they are doing wrong, because this stuff should sell like candy to kids. I mean infinite number of alien GLs to collect should be an easy win?

Consultant of Cool

It's not really a case of the YJ toys not selling, so much as the line was cancelled and there aren't any toys for anyone to buy. And then when there were toys to buy, they only offered a Miss Martian/Superboy Two-Pack and it was ridiculously overpriced at $50.

A dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind.

Interestingly enough, the best thing on DC Nation that I’ve seen has been the amazing shorts - which have nothing to do with the new 52 whatsoever and play around in the playground of old that DC wanted to kill.
    uz000 likes this.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by spacedog View Post
    Interestingly enough, the best thing on DC Nation that I’ve seen has been the amazing shorts - which have nothing to do with the new 52 whatsoever and play around in the playground of old that DC wanted to kill.
    Which is somehow different from the fact that nothing in the DC Nation block was New 52 ...

Quote Originally Posted by kenny38606 View Post
    It's not really a case of the YJ toys not selling, so much as the line was cancelled and there aren't any toys for anyone to buy. And then when there were toys to buy, they only offered a Miss Martian/Superboy Two-Pack and it was ridiculously overpriced at $50.
    Then DC merchandising and marketing are incompetent. Still doesn't explain GL? I mean infinite aliens with infinite power ring costumes = $$$, or so I would have thought?
    spacedog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    Which is somehow different from the fact that nothing in the DC Nation block was New 52 ...
    I wonder if that is the reason why the shows are rumoured to be on the chopping block. Very stupid reason if you ask me.

Wrote the Book on Cool

The Amethyst clip reminds me so much of Digimon.
    Arnoldoaad likes this.

Dean of Cool University Arnoldoaad's Avatar

I didnt saw those shorts before, Amethyst looks completely like an anime
    The Black Lighting one looks really good, not only on the animation but as sole concept, it definitely could work as a series

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast