Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Lobdell Off Red Hood And The Outlaws, James Tynion IV On

Administrator

Default Scott Lobdell Off Red Hood And The Outlaws, James Tynion IV On

Consider this a late Christmas present for DC Women Kicking Ass. But it seems that Starfire's New Year resolution may be to stop hanging around on beaches, stretching in bikinis and doingimpressionsof goldfish.

I understand that with issue 18, Scott Lobdell will be off Red Hood And The Outlaws. He will be replaced by Scott Snyder protege, James Tynion IV.

Scott's handling of the comic was a target for early critics on the New 52 and the comic hasn't exactly won over the critics since.

Whether of not Starfire will wear something more suitable for battle and less suitable for posing in Supersuit Illustrated, I don;t yet know.

Dean of Cool University Stevaux The LEsser's Avatar

She has the stereotypical male perspective on sex partners and dresses her body that can withstand space scantily but she captained a starship, was the toughest and most powerful Outlaw, and was fiercely loyal and loving towards friends. It's sad that only the first two ever got noticed by small minded 'fans'...

Wrote the Book on Cool Comedian's Avatar

Starfire has dressed the same pretty much since she was introduced. She is a strong independent woman from an alien planet who has different perspectives on sex and love than the prudes who complain her portrayal is sexist. I actually find Starfire an interesting character who is not defined by her costume. Those hung up on it should just get over it.

Starfire got a new costume several issues ago.

Why do we not know how Lobdell received the news? Was it face to face in person? Skype? The dreaded email? One needs to know these things!

A stripper-gram dressed as Starfire.
    ShadowMax: Has anyone actually verified this is the real Steve Wacker?

Me: Quick Steve, tell us something only Steve Wacker would know.

Steve Wacker: [The Marvel relaunch] secretly is a reboot.

Me: If you mean the continuity won't match up with any of the preceding issues, anyone could have predicted that.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Welp, that was the last of the nu52 books I was reading. Thank you DC for freeing up my budget for other books. It's been swell, but we'll always have Final Crisis, yeah?

I was just never blown away by Scott Lobdell's writing on this title. He wrote a decent Jason Todd, but I never really felt it with his characterizations of Roy and Kori. Perhaps he'd have been better off if he'd have been doing simply a solo Red Hood title.

Exceedingly Cool

This was an incredibly fun read every month...and probably the longest consecutive run of a Scott Lobdell work I've ever read. I hope it maintains it's level of fun.

Dean of Cool University Stevaux The LEsser's Avatar

Considering what else Lobdell has taken on, this is more than likely a move initiated by him. I'll stay with R&TO to give the new guy a shot but I've already followed Lobdell to Superman, a book I haven't bought since I sampled Busiek's run and didn't like it. I don't think I've had it on a pull list since Byrne...

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast