Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Next Week's Issue 15s From DC Are Not Late

Administrator

Default Why Next Week's Issue 15s From DC Are Not Late

Next week, DC Comics ships a bunch of Issue 15 comics, even though ideally they should have been published in December. I made comment that they were late, before being schooled by a prominent retailer.

They are not late. Said retailer explains;
    Regarding the DC #15's being late for next week, they are not. They were actually scheduled from the get-go to come out on Jan 2.

Because of the holidays, instead of cramming week 3 (Dec 19) and what would have been week 4 (Dec 26) books into one week before the holidays (Dec 19), DC took the smart route (in my opinion) of making the first week of Jan, which happens to be a five Wednesday month, into the 4th shipping week for Dec books. This keeps each week nice and balanced (other than 26th of course), and Jan, starting with the 9th, is a normal month, on a week by week basis, for DC.

On the other hand, Marvel crammed those two weeks into one (Dec 19), which is why they were so top heavy that week . And since Jan is a five Wed month, they will look light, compared to their normal shipping schedule, on a week to week basis.

Consultant of Cool

Erm...I think Rich was the only one that seemed to think these books coming out this week meant they were late, and not just put it down to, you know, Christmas...

No kidding dude.......... OBVIOUS.. Slow day its ok.

Captain Cool

A retailer told you? Not myself and other commenters in the thread?

Rich was really stretching for a new reason to hate on DC this week and he choose the "lateness" angle with the same sense of good judgement that he used in choosing to run with a joke about a little boy with cancer.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason ― Mark Twain

Consultant of Cool

Actually, I've heard several people complaining about the "Week 4 DC books" not coming out at the end of December.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Meadow View Post
    A retailer told you? Not myself and other commenters in the thread?
    I think it's increasingly obvious that Richie Rich rarely reads the comments posted here about the stories he posts, preferring Twitter and private communications, and rarely if ever goes back to correct obvious errors. Those are things that a journalist would do, and Jonestown is always adamant that he's not a journalist.

What's missing from this story is that Diamond shipped the books to retailers before the end of the year even though that can't go on sale until the 2nd. Most shops received them either Thursday of Friday depending on the delivery method.
    For once, the house of cards known as Diamond Distributors manged to get things done correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by MicroZone View Post
    Rich was really stretching for a new reason to hate on DC this week and he choose the "lateness" angle with the same sense of good judgement that he used in choosing to run with a joke about a little boy with cancer.
    Is it me, or is Rich the guy who got famous not being anyone's friend, and then started being friends with Marvel? Ever since then, we've seen him rag on DC every chance he gets, while actually being PROUD of the fact that he has scoops about Marvel he won't publish, out of respect for them.

Visiting Bleeding Cool these past few months has been like watching Howard Stern on AGT. Maybe it's time for someone else to launch a site like the one this one was SUPPOSED to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    On the other hand, Marvel crammed those two weeks into one (Dec 19), which is why they were so top heavy that week . And since Jan is a five Wed month, they will look light, compared to their normal shipping schedule, on a week to week basis.
    Not with double- and triple-shipping of some titles each month, they won't.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast