DC Comics have listings for a new editor position and two editorial assistants for their New York offices. The editor is for the DC line, the assistants are for the Collected Editions group and for Vertigo respectively.
Oh and there's also a new spot for a Publishing Planning Administrator.
Remember, if you apply, best not say you read about it on Bleeding Cool...
Here's what it takes to be an Editor...SUMMARY OF POSITION
DC Comics seeks an Editor for the Editorial (East Coast) department. Position manages a line of editorial product within the DC Comics imprint.
- Performs full editorial function for a minimum of 5 monthly titles.
- Manages the creative process from conception through publication. Ensures that schedules and budgets are met and product quality is at or above DC?s standards. Seeks ways to keep ongoing series fresh and exciting.
- Identifies and develops new editorial products for the DC Universe.
- Identifies potential new talent and maintains relationships with current talent.
- Ensures that other DC staff members have the materials required to maximize service to the product.
- Supervises and develops junior staff members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism or Art preferred.
- 3-5 years editorial experience, comic books/graphic novels preferred.
- Ability to manage a creative team.
- Knowledge of comic book industry strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of art (ability to discuss composition, design, etc?) required.
- Copyediting and proofreading skills preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing required.
- Ability for some light travel strongly preferred.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with managers and other levels of personnel.
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to details.
- Must have the ability to organize.
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple project elements simultaneously.
- MAC/PC proficiency required.
- Domestic travel up to 5%.