Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What About Wonder Woman? Is She Chopped Liver?

Administrator

Default What About Wonder Woman? Is She Chopped Liver?

The DC Comics Trinity. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman. They even made a comic about it.

Well, there seems to be a War Against the Trinity at DC right now. Literally with the upcoming Trinity War. Which looks like it may involve a different Trinity all together.

And then there's Stormwatch #15.

Green Lantern? Really? Isn't this cause to go all Fox News on DC's ass over this clearly intentional slight against Wonder Woman fans.

For media purposes, a trinity has never made sense. DC needs to keep the focus on the Big 4: Superman, Batman & Robin and Wonder Woman.
    For fanboy & story purposes, Diana didn't make any sense being on the same level as Supes & Bats. She has a diehard but small fanbase, but has pretty much had one title compared to multiple Batman & Superman family books.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Green Lantern? Really? Isn't this cause to go all Fox News on DC's ass over this clealy intentional slight against Wonder Woman fans.
    You've given up all pretext of being subtle in the pot stirring manufacture of controversy, haven't you?

Cyborg just install Windows 8 or apple software and that'll mess him up taken out feed Aquaman too much salt and makes sure you do all this during Wondy's time of the month.

I should have stayed a super villain
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    You've given up all pretext of being subtle in the pot stirring manufacture of controversy, haven't you?
    Also, Fox News would skew the other way if DC didn't push Green Lantern over Wonder Woman.

DC Comics drops a red-blooded, American fighter pilot for a pagan female that prances around naked! It's a war on Christmas!!!!

I'd imagine it has more with who Harry considers a threat and that it's not a DC Comics mandate to slight WW.
    "However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum." - ThanosCopter

http://timberoo.deviantart.com/

Dean of Cool University Drew Melbourne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timberoo View Post
    I'd imagine it has more with who Harry considers a threat and that it's not a DC Comics mandate to slight WW.
    I hate to comment on this out of context. Maybe it will be a plot point later on that this guy underestimates women. But it certainly seems like the writer/editor at least are downplaying the power level/dangerousness/importance of Wonder Woman in favor of Green Lantern, and that seems like a bad idea.

Way Cool

Well. there's more to this, I don't think Harry is actually all that interested in killing the Superheroes, he's trying to convince Stormwatch to attack them in the hope that they will kill themselves in the attempt, so he picked the most dangerous members, or ones that can exploit Stormwatch's weaknesses. and he may be counting on Diana coming to Superman's defense in the fight against Apollo. (not that the story ever actually gets around to them fighting Superman etc.)

The thing I noticed though is... why is it Hal Jordan on screen? he's "dead" it should be Baz.

I almost wish DC did try to recast their "Trinity" to include GL instead of WW just so we could watch them get raked over the media coals.

Of course, sales-wise, it makes sense because those are the three that support multiple books. But Wonder Woman is the one with the personality to stand up to the others, as seen in JLU and New Frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    My thoughts exactly

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast