Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Villains Month: The Ventriloquist In Batgirl

Administrator

Default DC Villains Month: The Ventriloquist In Batgirl

Bleeding Cool has been talking about DC's upcoming Villains Month for a short while now. A chance to reintroduce a host of supervillains to the new DCU, and putting them up against superheroes they may not always have been associated with.

Apart from Batman and The Riddler.

We've already reported on The Prankster in Nightwing, now I understand we can look forward to the rebooted Ventriloquist and Scarface in Batgirl.

Created by Alan Grant, John Wagner and Norm Breyfogle in the late eighties on Detective Comics, The Ventriloquist was a mild mannered man who controlled (apparently) a much feared gangster puppet. He was briefly seen, all Bane-pumped up, in Detective Comics last year...

Dean of Cool University Arnoldoaad's Avatar

what is this?
    another psychopathic villain with little to no motivation and a mental illness in Batgirl

WHAT A SHOCK!!
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART is UP
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

Wrote the Book on Cool papabear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    what is this?
    another psychopathic villain with little to no motivation and a mental illness in Batgirl

WHAT A SHOCK!!
    I don't really agree with the "no motivation" part of your post. Doesn't "psychopathic" and "mental illness" correctly describe all of the Bat villans? What else would you expect?

Zen Master of Cool

what is this?

WHAT A SHOCK!!
    How does the Ventriloquist not have motivation and all Batman's villains are mentally ill so I don't see how that a bad thing. I would have preferred Scott Snyder writing Ventriloquist and Scarface.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnelldo View Post
    How does the Ventriloquist not have motivation and all Batman's villains are mentally ill so I don't see how that a bad thing. I would have preferred Scott Snyder writing Ventriloquist and Scarface.
    Im just assuming he doesnt have a motivation cause none of the Batgirl Villains have had one of those so far, 6 and 0 so is easy to predict

and no, not all the Batman Villains are mentally Ill
    but even when they are its actually handled much better than "Oh look at that guy with the survivor's guilt problem"

and yeah, i would had loved the Ventriloquist on Snyder's Batman or with Hurwitz, that was just the perfect character for him after Penguin Pain & Prejudice
    such a waste
    Click here

Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle's Batman, truly great comics. It came 58th in comicbookresources best comic book runs vote of 2012 and quite deservedly so.

2012 Top 100 Comic Book Runs Master List | Comics Should Be Good! @ Comic Book Resources

It is the 2nd highest Batman run behind Grant Morrison's work in cbr's vote. To be honest I think Paul Dini's work on Detective is better than Morrison's or Grant's Batman runs, though Breyfogle when all is said and done is the BEST Batman artist of all time.

Dini did a story with the old and new Scarface in his Detective run which was awesome. Still I'm glad to have the original back. I think Gail Simone could have a lot of fun with the Ventriloquist.

Wrote the Book on Cool papabear's Avatar

Im just assuming he doesnt have a motivation cause none of the Batgirl Villains have had one of those so far, 6 and 0 so is easy to predict

and no, not all the Batman Villains are mentally Ill
    but even when they are its actually handled much better than "Oh look at that guy with the survivor's guilt problem"

and yeah, i would had loved the Ventriloquist on Snyder's Batman or with Hurwitz, that was just the perfect character for him after Penguin Pain & Prejudice
    such a waste
    I'm sorry you haven't been enjoying Batgirl. I would say that "survivors guilt" is a reasonable motivation. I thought Mirror was a cool villan, really don't have a problem with the othere two new villans that have been introduced in the book so far. Where you a Oracle fan? Do you have something against Gail Simone? Or do you just dislike Batgirl in general? Did you just read the first arc, or have you read all the issues so far?

Quote Originally Posted by papabear View Post
    I'm sorry you haven't been enjoying Batgirl. I would say that "survivors guilt" is a reasonable motivation. I thought Mirror was a cool villan, really don't have a problem with the othere two new villans that have been introduced in the book so far.
    ok, first of all Survivor's guilt is not a motivation, and even if it was, it was not used as a motivation in the issues, i will explain.

in the very first issue, the mirror was ok, he was like "what if Final Destination had an slasher villain" which i thought it was good
    but he completely lost me in the second issue, because his origin is basically, he lost his family, he survived,
    ... and now he wants to kill survivors?

how does that even work, I can understand his feelings but i dont understand his actions
    if he thinks that Survivors must die, then Why the F*** doesnt he kill himself?
    this is like if for example Frank Castle had decided to start killing innocent families in parks, it makes no sense
    and then he has this kind of code to kill his victims as they were suppouse to die but then he kills even more ppl by basically committing a terrorist act
    and finally that scene in chp 4 with him in the graveyard, is he doing this for them? is he lonely? I honestly think that this was supposedly to be a sympathetic moment for the character but it completely failed as such

Then Grethel, she gets superpowers cause she was shot in the head
    yeah, a bond movie did that, Next

Grotheske had absolutely no motivation at all

and finally Knightfall, which i think is the very worst
    her family is killed by a Psycho with absolutely no motivation
    and then she decides to make this utterly complicated plan to go to arkham to practically be crazier than him, so that she can take revenge
    It just very stupid

Where you a Oracle fan? Do you have something against Gail Simone? Or do you just dislike Batgirl in general? Did you just read the first arc, or have you read all the issues so far?
    in order

yes

not really, just hate her recent work, Firestorm was actually worst under her than with Jurgen, Harris or EVS

ofcourse not, i like batgirl in general

i have read it all and it is in my opinion the worst ongoing title in the new 52 at this moment, and before you ask i think i have read most of the new 52 books with very few exceptions, Nu-Batgirl its abysmal, even some of the Liefeld's books had a little fun moments on them, I dont see a single redeeming factor on Nu-Batgirl
    Last edited by Arnoldoaad; 12-04-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    Click here

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

A Batman villain fighting Batgirl? DC is really shaking things up!!!!

Wrote the Book on Cool

Can't wait! One of my favorite bat villains of all time. Also excited to see prankster reintroduced

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast