Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: The Early Days Of The Riddler For Batman In 2013?

Administrator

Default The Early Days Of The Riddler For Batman In 2013?

So Scott Snyder has given Batman the Court Of The Owls. He is currently motoring through the Death Of The Family story with the Joker. So what's next?

Well we can piece a few things together. At San Diego Comic Con, he teased that the Riddler would be returning to Batman in 2013.

He's indicated that the next arc after Death would be his most daring.

And in the Batman #0, it ended telling us that we'd be seeing more early days stories in 2013.

I think we should join those dots. And they make a question mark. The early days of The Riddler, Scott Snyder's most daring Batman story yet?

I could go for that.

Bleeding Cool

i could be down with that as well.

Where do you get that it said there'd be more early day stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    Where do you get that it said there'd be more early day stories?
    Not got the issue in question to hand, but I thought that the inference was that the Red Hood Gang stuff was foreshadowing something that was going to happen in 2013, not that we'd be seeing more flashbacks. Looks like that makes two of us.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by not him - HIM View Post
    Not got the issue in question to hand, but I thought that the inference was that the Red Hood Gang stuff was foreshadowing something that was going to happen in 2013, not that we'd be seeing more flashbacks. Looks like that makes two of us.
    Im guessing we will see present and flashback type of arc

Wrote the Book on Cool

I could get down with Riddler being the Red Hood and people just thinking it was Joker or they might have both been apart of the R.H. gang.

Bleeding Cool

Riddler does need a deeper origin.

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

Plus Greg Capullo tweeted a drawing of the Riddler today, so there's that.......

Being said, as a huge fan of the Riddler (He's probably my favorite Batman villain) I hope Snyder doesn't go to dark with him. I just dont think he's a character that needs to be grim and gritty.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Comet View Post
    Plus Greg Capullo tweeted a drawing of the Riddler today, so there's that.......

Being said, as a huge fan of the Riddler (He's probably my favorite Batman villain) I hope Snyder doesn't go to dark with him. I just dont think he's a character that needs to be grim and gritty.
    Agree on all counts! He's my fave villain too. I kind of liked him best pre-new52 in his aged bad-guy role, living in a storage warehouse with a bunch of gigantic and crazy weapons (Neil Gaiman wrote that great thing in Secret Origins featuring that look).

But since we're new52, I'm open to anything that makes sense - and the heart of the character is that he's lighter than almost any other main Batman villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnelldo View Post
    I could get down with Riddler being the Red Hood and people just thinking it was Joker or they might have both been apart of the R.H. gang.
    Though its very likely Riddler and Joker taking on the mantle hell depending on how you right it Riddler could have been the first in the mask (unlikely that may be) at some point having the Riddler being the Red Hood all along is just in my mind stupid
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast