Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Gary Frank Announces Batman: Earth-One Volume Two

Administrator

Default Gary Frank Announces Batman: Earth-One Volume Two

Geoff Johns and Gary Frank have just had this rather fun exchange on Twitter. And announced what many were waiting for.
    Honored BATMAN: EARTH-ONE by me and the amazing @1moregaryfrank was chosen as one of Barnes & Nobles best of 2012! tinyurl.com/d8wukrb

? Geoff Johns (@geoffjohns) November 19, 2012
    @geoffjohns It's just a shame that there won't be a vol' 2....

? Gary Frank (@1moreGaryFrank) November 19, 2012
    @1moregaryfrank @geoffjohns ...until next year!!!

Batman Earth One Vol 1 has been a massive seller in bookstores and comic stores. Vol 2 is good news to all concerned. Even a brief cessation of hostilities...
    whoops....looking forward to it! @1moregaryfrank @geoffjohns

? robertliefeld (@robertliefeld) November 19, 2012
    @robertliefeld @geoffjohns Thanks, Rob. I'm looking forward to getting into it. Geoff's cooking up a great chapter 2.

Banned

Due out in the summer of 2019

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

I didn't really care for the first one, but the art was good and it was different enough to warrant a library rental. Probably do the same for this one.

Bleeding Cool

i think it was obvious.It sold really well, i didnt buy the first one nor will i buy this one.

Eh the writing sucked on the first one, how does Johns spend the entire issue telling people guns aren't the answer only to have a Penguin shotgun blasted out a window be how the story is resolved.

Whatever Franks art was as usual amazing hope Johns steps it up on the writing end.

Also liefield knows who hands out work, so he isn't going to bad mouth higher ups
    Pariscub and spacedog like this.

Exceedingly Cool

Rob Liefeld's only looking forward to it because it's Batman. He's made it clear that he thinks creators don't matter on that sort of thing.
    spacedog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybeland View Post
    Eh the writing sucked on the first one, how does Johns spend the entire issue telling people guns aren't the answer only to have a Penguin shotgun blasted out a window be how the story is resolved.
    oh that's simple to explain and the answer is

Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Wrote the Book on Cool

Which proves once again that you can sell anything with Geoff Johns's name on it.

Gary Frank's art was stellar as usual, but god, that wasn't very good. And "Badass" Alfred just didn't work at all for me.
    Peter J Poole likes this.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Maybeland View Post

Whatever Franks art was as usual amazing hope Johns steps it up on the writing end.

Also liefield knows who hands out work, so he isn't going to bad mouth higher ups
    There no way DC would re hire Rob, NO WAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    There no way DC would re hire Rob, NO WAY.
    Why do you say that? He didn't go after Johns, Didio, or his buddy Jim Lee, and they run the show there. Not to mention this is not his first flameout and the people he went after don't have the pull to keep him canned. Give it a few years Rob will either need money or feel like writing/drawing again and he will go to his vault pull out whatever blackmail he had over Lee and get a job again.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast