Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Three Of The JLA Covers DC Will Publish... And Three They Won\'t

Administrator

Default Three Of The JLA Covers DC Will Publish... And Three They Won\'t

So apparently there are 52 different covers of Justice League Of America, featuring the fifty different states, DC and Puerto Rica, although it seems they will be the same, just have a different flag.

Well, I'm sorry, that will just not do. Here are three examples of the kind of thing we want, first from Pop-Tart Sampson, the Justice League Of California, featuring Jack Knight/Starman, Shazam!, Firestorm (back), Flex Mentallo, Jack Hawksmoor, The Unknown Soldier, Adam Strange.

And then from further abroad, doubly shaming the American "can't do" spirit, from Vivian Cruz is the Liga Da Justiša Brasileira.

And Jason A Quest sent in an already DC-published cover for the Justice League of Michigan...

Why not send in your entry? And put DC Comics to shame!

It's mind blowing how disappointing those official covers are. I guess it's my fault for assuming each one would have unique art (by different artists) inspired by each state, but unless they gave an indication somewhere of what it would actually be, it does seem kind of a no-brainer assumption from what I remember of the original announcement. Are there seriously going to be 52 of the same David Finch cover, just with different flags being solemnly planted by a depressed looking JLA? I guess these variants aren't any fun for them either..

Wow. Those look like they were photoshopped by a seventh grader. Showed it to an artist friend of mine and they couldn't believe someone got paid to do that. Fifty variant covers is a cheap enough gimmick. When they look that shitty and are so cheaply done by one of the biggest companies in the industry.. that is just sad.
    Timber-Munki likes this.

Pop-Tart Samson likes this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

This is actually Greg Land's completely original hand drawn cover to an upcoming issue of Iron Man.

Captain Cool

Hahahahaha

This is just...amazing.

downlikecharlie

Quote Originally Posted by modok baby View Post
    I guess it's my fault for assuming each one would have unique art (by different artists) inspired by each state, but unless they gave an indication somewhere of what it would actually be, it does seem kind of a no-brainer assumption from what I remember of the original announcement.
    I thought that too. I think one of the other sites gave me that impression.

Once again, I don't understand the value of cookie cutter variant covers.

Wow, yeah, those look incredibly cheap. For some reason I was thinking that promo picture that's been floating around was the first cover, and that it would have the states flags superimposed back there. But not only does this look incalculably worse, but it also has the additional handicap of being a mad corny cover in it's own right; even the "standard" cover looks like garbage.

Not saying anything about the eventual actual quality of the book, but if you're going to expect to strike up that collector's itch mentality, at the very least make something worth collecting. These are just shockingly poor.
    Pop-Tart Samson likes this.

Bleeding Cool

Nothing speicial to them . Dont see anyone trying seek these out. Its a extra cover so it wont be that bad

Wrote the Book on Cool

God, that is so fucking sad.
    Roldan likes this.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast