Page 46 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
Like Tree1682Likes

Thread: DC Cancels Its Longest Running Series, Hellblazer, And Replaces It With New 52 Title, Constantine

Consultant of Cool ArnimZagarian's Avatar

John's dead. Long live New52 John (who's actually that sad excuse for a snotty sorcerer, Faust, only with his hair dyed. In time you'll see that I'm right). Now I wish I had bought more Hellblazer TPB's. All is gone now, gonna go back to Hellboy (who's also dead, if I'm not wrong). Well, I'll always have some everlasting Brit comic book to rely on.

And, oh yeah, fuck you DC.
    Bring back Sandman Mystery Theather, already!!
    Tom Strong and DarthEwok like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jyork View Post
    I'll put it this way, I'll find the link, but a TON of creators were upset on twitter that they'll never be able to write Hellblazer. Paul Cornell is one of them.
    Aw, poor Paul Cornell! The farther away from Constantine Cornell is the better.
    SAMURAI36 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Strong View Post
    Cornell only entered comics a couple years ago, and he does a ton of work outside of comics. In fact, he left Demon Knights out of exhaustion. Similarly, Gillen is Marvel exclusive and would have had to wait at least a few years before getting around to it. Then you have Warren Ellis who already did write for the book.

It's fine to be a fan and defend DC, but this bending backwards straw grasping is just ridiculous.
    The inestimably overrated Paul Cornell has been writing comics for more than just a "couple of years."

DCE probably had to cancel HELLBLAZER to keep Cornell away from it.

Cornell's ACTION COMICS run sank the book. Let's not forget that Cornell pulled poor Death into that abysmal Luthor storyline.

CAP BRITAIN AND MI13 was good.

SAUCER COUNTRY is better than I ever expected it to be, but it doesn't make sense most of the time.

DEMON KNIGHTS is awful.

Cornell's BATMAN AND ROBIN arc was one of THE worst Batman stories I have ever read.

Ship Paul Cornell back to Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    Clearly you didn't read the entire article then, let alone the exerpt I posted here. Wayne and Cunningham aren't the EIC's of DC. They are strictly in charge of the financial aspect, and that's what they talked about, from beginning to end.
    You're right, when he said "fertile creative ground" he couldn't have meant fertile creative ground.

Geez Luise guy

Quote Originally Posted by QCCBob View Post
    Well, DUH! I keep trying to sink to a level that you can comprehend. No chance of that...
    Pretty much this
    Tom Strong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pop-Tart Samson View Post
    Don't those silly creators read these threads? Sales numbers are ALL that matters in comic books now. It's like politics or sports. Doesn't matter how you play the game or what you can offer....winning is the only important part of the whole equation!

Fanboy ignorance isnt cute
    SAMURAI36 likes this.

Well, I picked up Justice League Dark #0 and Annual #1 today just to see what Constantine is like in the New 52. I hope I still recognize him as "a cheap, flashy little crook".

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    Well, I picked up Justice League Dark #0 and Annual #1 today just to see what Constantine is like in the New 52. I hope I still recognize him as "a cheap, flashy little crook".
    And the Punisher is a guy who hangs out on a team with the Hulk now. If you don't like these versions of the characters, that's your problem

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEwok View Post
    And the Punisher is a guy who hangs out on a team with the Hulk now. If you don't like these versions of the characters, that's your problem
    Yep. And anyone who expresses their dismay at the cancellation of Hellblazer in any way that is disapproved by another deserves to be taken to task for it over and over and over again. At this point I have to assume these disapproving people are the same ones who feel that it's appropriate to say "It was just a dog/cat/bird/mouse/etc. You knew it was going to die from the day you got it" to someone mourning the loss of a pet.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMic View Post
    Fanboy ignorance isnt cute
    But you do it so well.

Captain Cool

You know what, forget it.

Strong out.
    Last edited by Tom Strong; 11-10-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Page 46 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast