Page 31 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
Like Tree1789Likes

Thread: DC Cancels Its Longest Running Series, Hellblazer, And Replaces It With New 52 Title, Constantine

Quote Originally Posted by toodoor View Post
    Don't worry, BladeX will be along to say they should make it an all ages book any minute and then you'll be sorted!
    Well, he already implied that in the thread about things we won't see in the new 'PG-13' version of Constantine. So looks like drinks all round.

Anyone got any gin?
    Mad_Man_Moon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by not him - HIM View Post
    Anyone got any gin?
    do you have to ask?
    Mad_Man_Moon and toodoor like this.
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Anyone got any gin?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Man_Moon View Post
    I just spent ten minutes trying to find a decent video of Donald Cox on Youtube, but the only one I could find didn't include tempting him down. Glad I'm not the only one whose mind leaps to the sweaty fox and his question bearing tendrils whenever anybody mentions gin.

Quote Originally Posted by thekeith82 View Post
    I just spent ten minutes trying to find a decent video of Donald Cox on Youtube, but the only one I could find didn't include tempting him down. Glad I'm not the only one whose mind leaps to the sweaty fox and his question bearing tendrils whenever anybody mentions gin.
    Search out the 'outtake' video.
    It's generally what the show was like with him in it.
    Totally awesome, 'cunt' this, 'cunt' that, absolutely great comedically, as a cockney antithesis to the style of comedy on show generally.

Although SS did go everywhere ... and often.

Love me some Sweaty Fox!

Quote Originally Posted by thekeith82 View Post
    Boy, these corporate overlords, eh? More like Corpo-rat Overpaids, amirite?
    I did think about playing a similar game every time the Mail or Express used the term 'Eurocrat', but figured I'd be perpetually pissed and end up losing my wife and job and stuff like that.

But I'm off work and today's Friday, so...

Baby Cham advert : 1986 - YouTube

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    If people can't see how giving JC more exposure than he's had in the past 20 years (barring the movie) is a good thing for DC and for the character, then I don't know what to tell you.
    That's actually a weird thing to say in response to my post, since I was advocating keeping the Vertigo version alongside the New52 version... which would be more exposure. If you mean my comment on the expansion of the Dark line to encompass nearly twenty-five percent of the New52, well, for the sake of argument: More exposure isn't always positive exposure. Ask Britney Spears. What if Venditti produces a really shitty Constantine book? I'm not saying he will, I don't know his writing. But the concept that any exposure is good exposure is just silly.

Despite the arguments I made for why a New 52 Constantine is perfectly acceptable, it is silly to argue that that character is the same thing the Vertigo version has come to represent, or that you can tell the same stories with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Man_Moon View Post
    Search out the 'outtake' video.
    It's generally what the show was like with him in it.
    Totally awesome, 'cunt' this, 'cunt' that, absolutely great comedically, as a cockney antithesis to the style of comedy on show generally.

Although SS did go everywhere ... and often.

Love me some Sweaty Fox!
    There are few things that have made me laugh as much as that series of Shooting Stars. That's the same series where they had Will Self as a team captain, isn't it? I still can't quite believe they got him to dress up as Bernard Bresslaw in that Carry On skit what they did.
    Mad_Man_Moon likes this.

Banned

Yeah, that's just about it in a nutshell, except (as you probably wouldn't have gathered because you don't read JLD) his background's also been neutered/watered down. As I mentioned before, I didn't mind this when there were two separate John Constantines being published, but I'm not really thrilled about the Nu52 version being the future of the character.

Then again, his back story might end up being fleshed out to make him a slightly different but equally compelling character. I suppose only time will tell.

I recently made this comment

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEwok View Post
    Wait... people are accepting the fan fic that is the New 52 as cannon??

I suppose it will now apply to John Constantine as well

There are few things that have made me laugh as much as that series of Shooting Stars. That's the same series where they had Will Self as a team captain, isn't it? I still can't quite believe they got him to dress up as Bernard Bresslaw in that Carry On skit what they did.
    It's all good, but so is pretty much everything Vic and Bob ever did. This one's a favourite

"There's a lady over there bein' pushed and pulled around a bit by communists!"

As is this one

"LOOK, YOU SHIT!"

And of course

"PEANUTS!"

And I think that's the thread derailed enough for the one post