Page 22 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree1779Likes

Thread: DC Cancels Its Longest Running Series, Hellblazer, And Replaces It With New 52 Title, Constantine

Captain Cool

Quote Originally Posted by HellBlazerRaiser View Post
    Oh please! Are you reading JL DARK or did you just "read" the zero issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    Have you read issue one already or seen the preview
    I've read the entire series. Might drop it soon.

To be clear, I said "that JLD issue" in the context of someone replying to me based on me talking about that specific issue.

Then your comprehension skills may be on the fritz. I'd find a way to give them a tune up if I were you.
    SAMURAI36 likes this.
    You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes.
    Remind me to tell you about the time I looked into the heart of an artichoke.
    ....some say that it loops forever, this road, that I lose you on every time....
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon ZK Olmstead View Post
    "There's a legend 'round here. A patient buried, but not dead. A curse on South Philly. A death curse. HBR's curse."
    @HellBlazeRaiser

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    Life is it's own contradiction but lets not get into pseudo-philosophy

Fandom these days have been burnt before so its hard to be hopeful when or at the very least a "wait and see" approach, admittedly the perpetuating scepticism gets irksome but the publishers started it!
    I continue to say, if it's that bad, then there are other hobbies out there for you.

Preach, brother!
    LOL, I would, but the BEP's refuse to listen. So fuck em.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEwok View Post
    So we have a writer putting him in a scene that is supposed to look silly. What's next? In the next issue is he going to take a pie in the face

Listen, I'm not as invested in Constantine as some long-time fans - but can't we keep a few hardcore characters hardcore
    It's clear you're commenting on a book that you haven't read. You're taking one scene out of context that you don't seem to have any real knowledge of. There's no way that I can explain the scene to you in any way that you would appreciate, especially when you seem to have a pre-conceived notion about all of it anyways.

People are clearly enjoying the book.

Captain Cool

Then your comprehension skills may be on the fritz. I'd find a way to give them a tune up if I were you.
    You should take your own advice, brah.
    Mad_Man_Moon and Mike H. like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Strong View Post
    I've read the entire series. Might drop it soon.

To be clear, I said "that JLD issue" in the context of someone replying to me based on me talking about that specific issue.
    I have to agree with HBR here.

Tom, if you are thinking that JC is "leading" JLD, then I have to question if you've been actually reading this book. Because that's so not the case.

Captain Cool

No I get that he's "manipulating" the team to work for him, but JLD is ultimately a superhero team book and has the same "feel" as something in Justice League, even if there's an explanation behind why Constantine is involved with this team.
    Mike H. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    I continue to say, if it's that bad, then there are other hobbies out there for you.
    but videogames are finding ways of crawling up your arse these days, well there's always drinking

(realistically, i'll probably just support more indie stuff)
    Mike H. likes this.
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Strong View Post
    No I get that he's "manipulating" the team to work for him, but JLD is ultimately a superhero team book and has the same "feel" as something in Justice League, even if there's an explanation behind why Constantine is involved with this team.
    I don't think this book having a "Justice League" feel is a bad thing. I think an all-magic JL team is great!! I just don't see what the issue is here.

But just because they exist and operate in a super hero world, doesn't make them super heroes, per se.

Madame Xanadu is not a super hero, and neither is Andrew the vampire. I guess you could consider Deadman a superhero, although that never seems to be his journey. Frankenstein isn't a superhero. Black Orchid seems to be more of a wild card.

The only reall hero is Zatanna, but she doesn't seem to be depicted as such in the New 52.
    Last edited by SAMURAI36; 11-08-2012 at 06:33 PM.

VP in Charge of Cool hellblazer72's Avatar

I blame tradewaiters for the cancelation.

Quote Originally Posted by shagamu View Post
    Given how terribly Hellblazer's been selling despite the great job Milligan, Camuncoli and Landini have been doing, I was expecting DC to relaunch it and maybe reboot it soon, but replacing it with a PG-13 version is just sad. With American Vampire about to enter a hiatus, it seems Fables, The Unwritten, Saucer Country (which doesn't seem to be long for this world, unfortunately) and Fairest will be the only remaining Vertigo monthlies for the foreseeable future.
    Are all of you bitching about Constantine going to a "PG-13 version" forgetting that a "PG-13" comic is where the character originated and remained for over a year back in the beginning?

"Sophisticated Suspense" = PG-13, not R.

Really, do your homework before you cry.
    Cavemold likes this.
    You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes.
    Remind me to tell you about the time I looked into the heart of an artichoke.
    ....some say that it loops forever, this road, that I lose you on every time....
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon ZK Olmstead View Post
    "There's a legend 'round here. A patient buried, but not dead. A curse on South Philly. A death curse. HBR's curse."
    @HellBlazeRaiser