Page 2 of 136 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree1779Likes

Thread: DC Cancels Its Longest Running Series, Hellblazer, And Replaces It With New 52 Title, Constantine

Hmmm. Well, this is the tipping point for me. In march, I will stop buying monthlies. Good job DC! (sarcasm.. of course)

Wrote the Book on Cool AudioPhantom's Avatar

While I'm not one to freak out until I've seen the finished product, why does this just not interest me in reading it?
    If it's anything like the new stuff, it'll read like it should come with an action figure.

Bleeding Cool

PG lol.. Waren.

Consultant of Cool SnarkMachine's Avatar

Once again, DC is making it easier and easier for me to drop titles and move over to the competition.

Yet another brilliant move by the braintrust at the Distinguished Competitor...
    Mike H. likes this.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    DC Comics unveils latest addition to The New 52 - CONSTANTINE | DC Comics

Launching in March 2013, CONSTANTINE will be written by upcoming DEMON KNIGHTS writer and New York Times bestselling author of The Homeland Directive and the sci-fi graphic novel series The Surrogates, Robert Venditti, with incredible art by Renato Guedes (SUPERMAN).

There you go guys. Happy about the new team?
    Who likes Robert Demon Knights?

MOLDY

Thing is, this is the first decision DC has made in the past few years that seems to be not only ill-advised but entirely wrong-headed. I mean, they have done plenty of stuff with which I have disagreed, but this one seems designed to piss off and alienate the entire potential readership of their New 52 Constantine book. It's stupid and destructive, but then I shouldn't really be surprised.

Bleeding Cool

300 issue is pretty long and i think people who are fans of Constantine owe it to them selves to give it a shot.It could be the same book but only a younger version of hell blazer. Roberts a pretty gritty writer himself.

MOLDY.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    300 issue is pretty long and i think people who are fans of Constantine owe it to them selves to give it a shot.It could be the same book but only a younger version of hell blazer. Roberts a pretty gritty writer himself.

MOLDY.
    I dunno. I'm not gonna start moaning until I see sales figures (if no one was buying it, then tough shit for me and the other readers, that's the business) but I'd be surprised if Hellblazer's style could be replicated within the DCnU
    SAMURAI36 likes this.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

VP in Charge of Cool

Edit - Never mind.
    Last edited by barbabravo; 11-08-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    saidestroyer likes this.

Zen Master of Cool NielsVanEekelen's Avatar

I've only occasionally bought a little Hellblazer, but this news actually makes me quite sad. There is just supposed to be a Vertigo John Constantine book.
    FULCRUM: An ongoing fantasy saga by Niels van Eekelen, out now on Kindle and Smashwords in all e-book formats, or start reading for FREE on TelltaleProductions.nl

Page 2 of 136 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast