Page 14 of 136 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree1779Likes

Thread: DC Cancels Its Longest Running Series, Hellblazer, And Replaces It With New 52 Title, Constantine

Zen Master of Cool Marvel Zombie 9's Avatar
    Arkham Asylum, but I like to "Summer" in Coast City.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEwok View Post
    I doubt there will be. For this reason:
    Yes, because we all know what a taste-maker Tom Strong is. No offense, Tom.
    Joe Kalicki likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HellBlazerRaiser View Post
    The outrage (particularly from people [The Xenos {among others}] not even reading HELLBLAZER) is hysterical.

Iím one of Constantineís biggest fans, yet Iím ok with HELLBLAZER ending.

Everything ends.

I never expected HELLBLAZER to run forever. Iím glad the series has run as long as it has.

HELLBLAZER sells below 10K. If it was selling 20K or even 15K, then it wouldnít be getting cancelled with #300.

At least DCE is letting the book go for an even 300 and giving Milligan time to wrap up his brilliant run.
    If Hellbazer was just taking a break, I'd be fine. Yes. A series running constantly forever isn't a good idea. And for Vertigo in particular it would be fine for Hellbazer to switch to a series of mini series or for its main series to take a rest and come back when it's ready. Yet this is clearly DC trying to pick at Vertigo. They're slowly kidnapping the characters DC owns back to DC proper and it makes me worry about the future of the entire publishing imprint.

Wrote the Book on Cool

For those lamenting the kick to Vertigo, I'd point you toward Image, which has been kicking absolute butt lately in terms of quality output and, from what I've read and heard, offers far more freedom and returns to creators. The more Image prospers, the more creators go there for their non-superhero titles over Vertigo.

Captain Cool

Quote Originally Posted by The Xenos View Post
    If Hellbazer was just taking a break, I'd be fine. Yes. A series running constantly forever isn't a good idea. And for Vertigo in particular it would be fine for Hellbazer to switch to a series of mini series or for its main series to take a rest and come back when it's ready. Yet this is clearly DC trying to pick at Vertigo. They're slowly kidnapping the characters DC owns back to DC proper and it makes me worry about the future of the entire publishing imprint.
    This isn't some gradual progression. There was a discrete decision to move House characters to the DCU and keep Vertigo as a creator-owned print. Hellblazer just happened to be the exception for some time (which was never going to be forever).

Quote Originally Posted by myakoopa View Post
    For those lamenting the kick to Vertigo, I'd point you toward Image, which has been kicking absolute butt lately in terms of quality output and, from what I've read and heard, offers far more freedom and returns to creators. The more Image prospers, the more creators go there for their non-superhero titles over Vertigo.
    How much of Image actually prospers though? You have your Saga, Walking Dead, etc. but most of them don't seem to make much profit.

Consultant of Cool

Vertigo should do just fine without Constantine and Vertigo can always invent a new character similar to Constantine if needed.
    I do prefer Constantine in the dcu where he started in Swamp Thing. I was around pre-coie and fondly remember the pre-coie Constantine.
    The current dcu is very similar to the pre-coie dcu with characters like Swamp Thing, Constantine, and also a multiverse.
    We just need a better name for Justice League Dark and more adult takes on the other superheroes such as the currently silly Superman.
    SAMURAI36 likes this.

VP in Charge of Cool

Buying a PG-13 Constantine comic and calling yourself a fan of John Constantine would be like buying a Green Day album and calling yourself a fan of Punk Rock. All it'll do is let the real fans know you're a poser.

VP in Charge of Cool bewareofgeek's Avatar

I expected this a while ago when they married him off.

Mario Di Giacomo

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    "Thanks for all the years of enjoyment -you assholes!"
    Joe, have you never heard of the grieving process? Denial and Anger are the first two steps.

Let people grieve, you heartless bastard.

Cooler Than The Other Side of the Pillow kingslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karmakaze View Post
    Buying a PG-13 Constantine comic and calling yourself a fan of John Constantine would be like buying a Green Day album and calling yourself a fan of Punk Rock. All it'll do is let the real fans know you're a poser.
    I used to moan about things like "real fans" and "posers" too. Then I left high school and realized how stupid and meaningless that stuff is.
    Clever Signature

Quote Originally Posted by The Xenos View Post
    If you were reading HELLBLAZER, I'd be fine with your comments.

You're NOT reading HELLBLAZER, so your comments are just irrational fanboy (fangirl? fandementednun?) rage against the machine.
    You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes.
    Remind me to tell you about the time I looked into the heart of an artichoke.
    ....some say that it loops forever, this road, that I lose you on every time....
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon ZK Olmstead View Post
    "There's a legend 'round here. A patient buried, but not dead. A curse on South Philly. A death curse. HBR's curse."
    @HellBlazeRaiser