Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Etta Candy To Return As An "Immense Girl" In Grant Morrison's Wonder Woman

Administrator

Default Etta Candy To Return As An "Immense Girl" In Grant Morrison's Wonder Woman

This is the classic Etta Candy character from Wonder Woman.

And this is the current version of the character.

At the Dundee Comics Day recently, Grant Morrison talked about his new Wonder Woman book. Laura Sneddon reports for The Beat;
    Like All-Star Superman, this is his definitive take on the character, and the writer has also worked to rehabilitate the supporting cast, making Steve Trevor ?worthy of Wonder Woman?s love? and bringing back Etta Candy as ?an immense girl? and ?Wonder Woman?s pal?, commenting that her being slimmed down since her original inception was ?terrible?.
    So she's filling out again... but what about her skin colour? Just how far will the revert go?

Etta Candy was the original Honey Boo-Boo.

Banned

An old Wonder Woman comic where Wonder Woman is tied up. That's unusual

Is Grant really writing a Wonder Woman book? I thought he was stepping away from super heroes for a while

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEwok View Post

Is Grant really writing a Wonder Woman book? I thought he was stepping away from super heroes for a while
    He is supposedly stepping away from doing any more ongoing superhero work, and probably not any more new series other than the one's he's already announced. That include Multiversity and this, his sex-positive Wonder Woman project he's been going on about for a good three years now or so.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidNixon View Post
    He is supposedly stepping away from doing any more ongoing superhero work, and probably not any more new series other than the one's he's already announced. That include Multiversity and this, his sex-positive Wonder Woman project he's been going on about for a good three years now or so.
    If it's on par with All Star Superman, I'm there

Consultant of Cool

I love Grant Morrison and his Action Comics is one of two things I tolerate about the DCnU, but every single idea he's ever had about Wonder Woman has been awful and this is no exception. It's actually telling how even the best writers stumble when it comes to Wonder Woman. You'd think Gail Simone would soar, but her work was utterly uninteresting, while Secret Six was a must read. And Grant Morrison seems poised to crash on those same rocks. In the meantime someone as unlikely as Brian Azzarello comes along and creates a Wonder Woman book worth reading. Granted, he just turned her into Hercules, but still worth reading.
    Stevaux The LEsser likes this.

Banned

I like Frank Miller's All-Star Batman and DK Strikes Again versions of WW
    alekesam and Cavemold like this.

Consultant of Cool

1. The list of writers I like on WW is very short: Perez, Rucka, Azz. Grant doesn't seem to get her.

2. As much as I like this move, I really want back the Wall.
    Pop-Tart Samson likes this.

Captain Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEwok View Post

It's going to be a graphic novel (the rumor is Earth One, but I kind of doubt it if this is an "All Star" kind of book).

I think Morrison is just done with the improvisational approach he's done with monthly comics. He's said with Multiversity he's going to redraft and refine the book before it's release.

Way Cool

Sounds to me like Grant is the only one who gets Wonder Woman, I'm not even that big a fan of his.
    SMARTASS8 and alekesam like this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast