Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: What's Next For DC Comics?

Administrator

Default What's Next For DC Comics?

When Bleeding Cool first broke the news of the Zero issue month at DC Comics, we noted that one of the intentions of the comics was to add a little foreshadowing to something that would then affect the comics in question going forward even though they were set in the past.

Well, DC seem to have made that rather official with this double spread in the back of todays comics...

So... what do you expect to be seeing a lot more of? More baby Damian?

Wrote the Book on Cool

How about the death of Damian.

Dean of Cool University Captain13's Avatar

Hopefully an end to the Stephanie silliness and "Red Robin" silliness. The death of Damian (please, please, please!). A Cyborg solo book. And hopefully better writing in Justice League.

Consultant of Cool kamenwriter555's Avatar

Secret Origins? History of the DC Universe? Year One? The Dark Knight Retreads?
    Pop-Tart Samson likes this.

VP in Charge of Cool Tariq Leslie's Avatar

Got to say, that considering that almost none (and just using almost in case my memory is foggy) of the teaser-pages that DC has issued over the last several years, since Didio took over, have ended living up to their hype or mystery. I don't remember one - for me - that truly paid-off.

Not getting the least bit excited about this one, and largely because of that.

If the product is any good, I'll be there, but so far all DC has been doing well with these teasers, are the teasers themselves.
    Last edited by Tariq Leslie; 11-07-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    spacedog likes this.

Consultant of Cool

YES to more Baby Damian!

And a Cyborg and Shazam need ongoings. And Wonder Woman should get a second title.
    SAMURAI36 likes this.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tariq Leslie View Post
    Got to say, that considering that almost none (and just using almost in case my memory is foggy) of the teaser-pages that DC has issued over the last several years, since Didio took over, have ended living up to their hype or mystery. I don't remember one - for me - that truly paid-off.
    I don't understand exactly how they're supposed to "pay off." A teaser is something vaguely recognizable, but the context of which is currently unknown. It doesn't actually set anything up, it's just a preview. It has all the weight of a solicitation cover image.

If you mean it doesn't match your wild imagination, well, screw them for not reading your mind, right?

Cool

I think we might be in danger of over-thinking this a bit. We know Sinestro and Hal are coming back from where they've been banished eventually. Constantine having the amethyst for summoning purposes was already used in JLD Annual #1, and we know from upcoming solicitations that Damian-as-future-Batman is happening again soon. I expect many of these "teases" are much more obvious and less mind-blowing than we'd like to expect.
    jamius likes this.

I have to wonder if it's not that there's another big event but just the next year of stories. Batman #0 featured both the Red Hood Gang and Jason Todd who seem to be featured in Batman and Death of the Family. Damian and Talia are the impetus of Batman, Inc. Etc, etc. This just seems like a DC placeholder.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh2blonde View Post
    I think we might be in danger of over-thinking this a bit. We know Sinestro and Hal are coming back from where they've been banished eventually. Constantine having the amethyst for summoning purposes was already used in JLD Annual #1, and we know from upcoming solicitations that Damian-as-future-Batman is happening again soon. I expect many of these "teases" are much more obvious and less mind-blowing than we'd like to expect.
    'zactly.
    Last edited by jamius; 11-07-2012 at 10:56 AM.

VP in Charge of Cool Tariq Leslie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hdefined View Post
    I don't understand exactly how they're supposed to "pay off." A teaser is something vaguely recognizable, but the context of which is currently unknown. It doesn't actually set anything up, it's just a preview. It has all the weight of a solicitation cover image.

If you mean it doesn't match your wild imagination, well, screw them for not reading your mind, right?
    Yes, you are so right. I now see the error of my ways.

Of course that isn't what I meant. I mean that DC is great at hype, and for me, not one of the teasers over the last several years has remotely lived up to that hype.
    Pop-Tart Samson likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast