Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: DC Announces Before Watchmen: Dollar Bill by Len Wein and Steve Rude

Wrote the Book on Cool

But why is this only one issue? Dollar Bill deserves a 12-issue Prestige Format maxi-series!
    _OM_, DJ_Convoy, DarthEwok and 1 others like this.

Dean of Cool University Stefan Offenberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _OM_ View Post
    ...Yeah, but this is *one* teat from the Sacred Cow that goes "Moooore" that honestly needed to be milked, at least for a one-shot. Riddle me this, kids: save for Booster Gold, name me a hero who was manufactured in the name of pure basic profit and finance?
    Peter J Poole and _OM_ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian Squid View Post
    Not a guy I personally will be bailing out of financial trouble.
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Rude has been diagnosed with depression and has had to seek help for it in the past. Not trying to excuse his actions but I'm also not ready to accept one police incident report at face value, either.
    botc76 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Krysmopompas View Post
    But why is this only one issue? Dollar Bill deserves a 12-issue Prestige Format maxi-series!
    His book also deserves to be called (BE)FOUR DOLLAR BILLS, since that's what it will cost!

Dean of Cool University Stefan Offenberg's Avatar

They should introduce a bank-robber archnemesis for Dollar Bill named Cream who gets the money by incapacitating the guards with a viscous white fluid. And the title of the first story could be "Cash Rules Everything Around Me."
    NinjaMic and Mars Hottentot like this.

Consultant of Cool

"Did I just spoil the end?" <<< LOL!!

Banned

It continues to sicken me, how people try to press their "values" on others.

Quote Originally Posted by Acrid_Gunsmoke View Post
    Can't really be mad at DC for churning out another Before Watchmen tie-in. Its you people who are buying this CRAP that are the culprits!! Shame one you all!!!!!!

Kudos to DC for giving The Rude Dude more work. Give Billy Tucci more work as well and I'd be ecstatic.
    Right, because I shouldn't wanna read a good/great comic book. But How do you know it's "CRAP", if you aren't reading it?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEwok View Post
    Wow, so despite Rude being highly principled about the content of comics, apparently he is devoid of principles on other topics

Sad
    No, what's sad, is that you expect people to feel the same way about a book, that you do.

You expect the creators involved with Before Watchmen to actually have a serviceable understanding of the original Watchmen??
    How fucking hard is it, to read ONE GRAPHIC NOVEL? It's not like there's this longstanding series dedicated to the WM.

Consultant of Cool

You expect the creators involved with Before Watchmen to actually have a serviceable understanding of the original Watchmen??
    It's pretty jarring when one remembers that Wein was the original editor Watchman.
    Last edited by Tetsuo_man; 11-02-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Offenberg View Post
    Gotta love Blaxploitation

Plus, DC will likely make a killing on trades and hardcovers of these. The Watchmen name is pretty much gold
    Don't you think there's a real danger of over-saturation? Plus this is a few years after the movie, which didn't excite anyone after the fact. I'd think more casual consumers would be really overwhelmed looking at 7+ trades instead of just one complete package.
    Peter J Poole likes this.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast