Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Acts To Remove Rogue Stephanie Brown Appearance In L'il Gotham (UPDATE)d

Administrator

Default DC Acts To Remove Rogue Stephanie Brown Appearance In L'il Gotham (UPDATE)d

Wow. Just wow. Yesterday, Bleeding Cool pointed out how the Stephanie Brown Batgirl character appeared, as someone dressing as her in Hallowe'en costume in the L'il Gotham strip.

People at DC read our article, even though the office were closed. And remotely they went to work, recolouring the character, turning blonde hair to brunette and removing the purple stripe down her leg, to create a Batgirl that was... well, no longer Stephanie Brown. Yup, in the DC Universe, not even little kids are allowed to dress up as Stephanie Brown.

Compare, contrast and despair.... top left hand corner.

Before...

And After...

There's one other twist... an upcoming Stephanie Brown Batgirl HeroClix figure. Or will something... unfortunate happen to her on the way to production as well?

UPDATE: There is debate as to the provenance of the second image and if DC changed it further since, or if it too was meddled with, and the current version still has Stephanie Brown's purple stripe. I'm currently too far from decent wifi to check. The hair however is a definite production change since the image was sent to BuzzFeed...

What the F, man?

DDD

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    There's one other twist... an upcoming Stephanie Brown Batgirl HeroClix figure. Or will something... unfortunate happen to her on the way to production as well?
    you just like tempting fate, don't you?
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Dean of Cool University Acrid_Gunsmoke's Avatar

....Aaaaannnd this is where all the Steph fans have a brain aneurysm. All 20 of them.

Still a total dick move on DC's part, though. Seriously, who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Acrid_Gunsmoke View Post
    Still a total dick move on DC's part, though. Seriously, who cares.
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Exceedingly Cool

Rich, maybe you should stop pointing out Stephanie appearances? If you don't mention it, maybe it'll slip under DC's radar one day.

Consultant of Cool SnarkMachine's Avatar

Please stop feeding the Stephanie Brown conspiracy theorists.

Very Cool

BOTTOM left-hand corner. FFS, I was staring at this for like 5 minutes.

Consultant of Cool

In case you ever wondered where Winston Smith works today...

We have always been at war with Bialya.

Interestingly, my copy (file? Digital hurts my brain) that I downloaded yesterday morning still has a Batgirl with the purple stripe, but has the hair color changed. I'd be interested in seeing if there are any other weird variations. If this was a print comic thing I imagine that first version would go for quite a bit among Stephanie Brown fans.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast