Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Acts To Remove Rogue Stephanie Brown Appearance In L'il Gotham (UPDATE)d

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    I bought this issue today and have three points:

1) The purple stripe of the Stephanie costume is still there.

2) It looks like it was never intended to be hair and the "original" coloring was a mistake. Look at it, it looks like part of the brick behind her head more than hair no matter what color it is.

3) IT WAS NEVER FUCKING STEPHANIE BROWN TO BEGIN WITH!!!! IT IS A KID IN A HALLOWEEN COSTUME!!!!!

Jesus Christ, some people are out of their minds looking for something to get upset about. Just ignore DC comics if you think you're getting shit on. You're only embarrassing your own dumbass selves.
    It looks like you need to take another look at the images because those lines do definitely not line up with the brick wall. It was most definitely meant to be hair.

batgirl.jpg

That being said I agree that it is not really worth getting upset about. We are talking about a non-continuity story that has absolutely nothing to do with the New 52 and a kid dressed up as Batgirl no less. However, the very fact that it isn't really something worth getting upset about only underlines what a stupid decision it was to change anything. The panel already has plenty of pre-Flashpoint costumes such as Superman with his famous red underwear, a grey and blue Batman, and a Golden Age Flash so what made this such a big problem that it had to be changed? Seems that DC went a bit overboard by recoloring. And if they really didn't want it to be the Steph Batgirl then why not change the colors on the costume as well. No, definitely not worth getting worked up about but definitely not worth recoloring for whatever reason either.

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    wait for the next Wacker thread
    Should I miss it, please post it in my place. Or, alternatively, quote anything Malcolm Tucker has ever said.

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalClavicles View Post
    The devil's madness knows no boundaries. I wouldn't be surprised if there were DC goons sent out on Halloween to crush any children who dared dress in a Stephanie Brown costume. You won't hear about any of them, of course, because they and their families have all been rubbed out...
    Check the obits for blonds named Stephanie that vanished whenever Didio visited their town.

Actually, that just made me think... how good would it have been if it was only The Joker who remembered the old DCU?

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalClavicles View Post
    They 'disappeared' every blonde Batgirl that they could get their tentacles on.

Think about it. Has anyone heard from Alicia Silverstone today?

I rest my case.
    She's made a film with Amy Heckering (is that her name? the woman who directed 'Clueless'?) about, essentially, a couple of valley-girl socialite vampires. It is called 'Vamps'.

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Offenberg View Post
    No one has yet proven to my satisfaction that there is no conspiracy! The conspiracy is on! On, I tell you! Muahahahahahah!
    No has proven there is a conspiracy either. Although, clearly Stephanie was AWOL on 9/11. Coinkidink?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    That being said I agree that it is not really worth getting upset about. We are talking about a non-continuity story that has absolutely nothing to do with the New 52 and a kid dressed up as Batgirl no less. However, the very fact that it isn't really something worth getting upset about only underlines what a stupid decision it was to change anything. The panel already has plenty of pre-Flashpoint costumes such as Superman with his famous red underwear, a grey and blue Batman, and a Golden Age Flash so what made this such a big problem that it had to be changed? Seems that DC went a bit overboard by recoloring. And if they really didn't want it to be the Steph Batgirl then why not change the colors on the costume as well. No, definitely not worth getting worked up about but definitely not worth recoloring for whatever reason either.
    Exacty, you see this is the thing, it's the second time they took Steph out of an out of continuity book the first was Smallville and for lame reasons that ultimately made no sense. It's what makes this whole thing small a it maybe more ridiculous on both sides... mostly DC
    It just begs the question, what's the point?
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Quote Originally Posted by SnarkMachine View Post
    Please stop feeding the Stephanie Brown conspiracy theorists.
    Just because you're paranoid. / It doesn't mean they're not after you.

Really.. I'm not huge on Steph.. more of a Cass fan.. and I do wish they would calm down. Yet.. damn if this doesn't give some credence to their paranoid ramblings about DC being out to get them. I myself am one to rant and take various DC screw ups personally.. but Steph fans take it to a whole other level.

Also.. it just goes to show you the paranoia about digital is somewhat justified. If DC wants to retcon something in a book your own in print, you have the original and proof they are messing around. With digital copies? They can erase what you 'own'. Actual ownership and control of property is all too fast becoming a thing of the past. 451 kb/s, the rate a which books burn.

And while they left the thin thin purple stripe in.. they changed the hair color? Why?! Why even make her brunette?

I love Nguyen.. and tons of other creators working on DC now. Yet I can't be bothering buying from DC. Even a fun supposedly out of continuity comic like this is not free from bullshit meddling!

Quote Originally Posted by JaHawk2009 View Post
    Nobody really knows as far as I'm aware, at least not in the public domain, but DiDio mentioned somewhere there was some sort of reason I think? He had a plan or something.... I don't really know, just vague recollections.
    Would that plan be another drill to the head? I know DiDio wasn't a part of that original War Games bullshit that offered her in the first place and things were already set in stone when he got into power, but he sure has mucked things up for the character and others since he got on the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Foy View Post
    At NYCC, Dustin Nguyen was showing off a bunch of these on his phone and saying how much he loved working on this. He said his absolute favorite part of it was that he could do whatever he wanted, and DC had told him he had carte blanche.
    Ooops.
    Yeah unbelivable that DC needs to tinker on even a goofy title like this. What's next? Editing Wally West and Donna Troy out of every issue of Tiny Titans? Refer to the image above for my reply.

And that's not even mentioning that DC seemingly has reneged on the promise to give Nguyen carte blanche on this book, especially over such nitpicking detail.

Quote Originally Posted by toodoor View Post
    It was a pointless move on DC's part no matter what.
    To keep a scab from healing you got to keep picking at it.
    If this is intentional I think it's a rather clever way to keep a rather new fanbase active.
    Stephanie Brown isn't as old as the MIA DC characters in the new52, so her fans would be smaller in number than of those other characters who haven't yet appeared.

Plus, it's fun being a dick sometimes.

VP in Charge of Cool

I hate to be the voice of reason and sanity here, but could it not just be they are really trying to push the current Batgirl, Barbara Gordon, and less that they hate Stephanie? I mean, pushing Babs more is likely to lead to more acceptance of them essentially deciding that comics needed less people in wheelchairs. It could be more about that, and less about a group of fans DC frankly doesn't care about.

I mean, if they wanted to, they could have let Doctor Light commit sex crimes against her.

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by The Xenos View Post

Just because you're paranoid. / It doesn't mean they're not after you.

Really.. I'm not huge on Steph.. more of a Cass fan.. and I do wish they would calm down. Yet.. damn if this doesn't give some credence to their paranoid ramblings about DC being out to get them. I myself am one to rant and take various DC screw ups personally.. but Steph fans take it to a whole other level.

Also.. it just goes to show you the paranoia about digital is somewhat justified. If DC wants to retcon something in a book your own in print, you have the original and proof they are messing around. With digital copies? They can erase what you 'own'. Actual ownership and control of property is all too fast becoming a thing of the past. 451 kb/s, the rate a which books burn.

And while they left the thin thin purple stripe in.. they changed the hair color? Why?! Why even make her brunette?

I love Nguyen.. and tons of other creators working on DC now. Yet I can't be bothering buying from DC. Even a fun supposedly out of continuity comic like this is not free from bullshit meddling!

Would that plan be another drill to the head? I know DiDio wasn't a part of that original War Games bullshit that offered her in the first place and things were already set in stone when he got into power, but he sure has mucked things up for the character and others since he got on the throne.

Yeah unbelivable that DC needs to tinker on even a goofy title like this. What's next? Editing Wally West and Donna Troy out of every issue of Tiny Titans? Refer to the image above for my reply.

And that's not even mentioning that DC seemingly has reneged on the promise to give Nguyen carte blanche on this book, especially over such nitpicking detail.
    Yeah, DC aren't too smart. It always makes me laugh that they relaunch the constantly failing 'Stormwatch', and ignore the far more popular 'The Authority'. I mean, imagine how much more awesome it would be to have The Authority in the DCnU!

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast