Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: DC Acts To Remove Rogue Stephanie Brown Appearance In L'il Gotham (UPDATE)d

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by OMAR View Post
    Well I guess then it's just going to be a weird feature of the DCnU that many of it's most influential stories - how Batman met Bane and overcame a broken back, Superman's fight against Doomsday and subsequent death - are going to go untold. And if the readers start to speculate or ask questions about how those stories could have happened in any form, given the changes we're being shown from the continuity that produced them, well then those readers are just "confusing themselves."
    Yes, you are, but it seems to be something you want to do. We got over it last time, and the time before that. You can too. You just don't want yo because you'd rather complain.

If you said 'Milwaukee', you are CORRECTAMUNDO!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    You can explain whatever you want to yourself, but the point is that you don't have to for a new continuity with an explanation provided.
    A year later. What a jerk I am for not wanting to wait for DC to take their sweet time with such an obvious gaffe.

I'm done talking about this. If you really think it's a problem reconciling the two different continuities, fine. I'm thrilled you're making yourselves miserable.
    Just because people are asking questions and having a discussion that automatically means to you that we're making ourselves miserable? C'mon, Joe. Do you really believe that? (I sincerely hope not.)

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    Just because people are asking questions and having a discussion that automatically means to you that we're making ourselves miserable? C'mon, Joe. Do you really believe that? (I sincerely hope not.)
    Mike, compare your posts with some others just in this thread. Can't speak for Joe, but I've never gotten the impression that you were making yourself miserable, trying or otherwise. Some of the others, though, certainly seem to fit that description.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    Mike, compare your posts with some others just in this thread. Can't speak for Joe, but I've never gotten the impression that you were making yourself miserable, trying or otherwise. Some of the others, though, certainly seem to fit that description.
    If you're referring to me, I was just trying to explain how things could be considered confusing since you seemed to think that it was impossible. I'm not satisfied with everything in the New52 but I'm by no means miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by zetomenon View Post
    Well because they didnt add distinct red hair and yellow boots it could be argued that this is Cass Cain. they swapped out BG III for BG II.

What I dont get is that they have the pre52 Jay Garrick and others...

So what is the deal here?
    A-Hem. You mean BG IV for BG III. Let's please not forget Bette/Betty Kane!
    "Schedel has this wispy, soft-spoken thing going on, with eyes that look like they've seen too much- or maybe just enough"
    -Rob Bass (about me)

Check out a couple of my comics!:
    http://schedelcreations.tumblr.com/

And new Hero BLOB Radio Plays every week!!:
    www.heroblob.wordpress.com

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kamenwriter555 View Post
    If we're counting all the Batgirls...
    1. Bette Kane
    2. Barbara Gordon
    3. Helena Bertinelli
    4. Cassandra Cain
    5. Stephanie Brown

Huntress was Batgirl for a hot second

Quote Originally Posted by kamenwriter555 View Post
    On a completely separate note, awesome avatar photo! Is it new or have I just not noticed it before?

What plot point? New 52 Batman Inc gives Talia's and Damian's origins, and Detective Comics 0 puts Bruce in the Middle East 11 years ago. Literally every single thing you need to know has been told to you in New 52 comics.
    Upon re-reading this I also realized that you said the 11 years ago reference happens in Detective #0, a book I have not read. I guess maybe that's my fault for not keeping up with everything that DC publishes but I still prefer my explanation because it allows me to enjoy Morrison's story without having to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    Yes but boil all of that down, Mike, and it amounts to it's not an issue unless you (someone) make it an issue, which is the same thing I'm saying. You're just nicer about it.
    DA, but you're assuming a degree of volition there... Someone singing off key Christmas carols outside the shop you work in eight hours a day becomes an issue...

There's a mixed message from DC, that 'this stuff matters but we're not bound by it'.

But yeah, sometimes the answer is just to shrug and roll with it, or to get a different hobby if you can't...

Cheers
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast