Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 254

Thread: DC Acts To Remove Rogue Stephanie Brown Appearance In L'il Gotham (UPDATE)d

  1. #201
    Consultant of Cool
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    No, you said it was confusing, which is what I answered. I really don't care about your frustrations or disapointments.
    Then why would you care about what I have to say at all? I think it's reasonable for any fan or new reader to be confused or frustrated with the new history.

  2. #202
    Bleeding Cool Mike H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    If you said 'Milwaukee', you are CORRECTAMUNDO!
    Posts
    18,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbecks114 View Post
    Then why would you care about what I have to say at all? I think it's reasonable for any fan or new reader to be confused or frustrated with the new history.
    FWIW, when I was a kid and just getting into the DCU, I would be confused when stories I read didn't gibe with what I had already learned from the movies and cartoons. I agree, it's reasonable and natural. People have the same reaction when learning how different religions have interpreted and integrated similar stories, how overlapping Greek and Roman mythologies match and contradict at the same time, etc.
    Last edited by Mike H.; 11-04-2012 at 06:14 PM.

  3. #203
    Bleeding Cool
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    12,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbecks114 View Post
    Then why would you care about what I have to say at all? I think it's reasonable for any fan or new reader to be confused or frustrated with the new history.
    It's not reasonable to be confused with the new history because nothing in the new history has been confusing. Your insistance on bringing in stuff from outside of the new history causes your confusion. That's not the same thing.

  4. #204
    Bleeding Cool Mike H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    If you said 'Milwaukee', you are CORRECTAMUNDO!
    Posts
    18,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    It's not reasonable to be confused with the new history because nothing in the new history has been confusing.
    Damian Wayne.

    I rest my case.

  5. #205
    Consultant of Cool
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    It's not reasonable to be confused with the new history because nothing in the new history has been confusing. Your insistance on bringing in stuff from outside of the new history causes your confusion. That's not the same thing.
    No it's not the same thing and I agree. But it's still reasonable to be confused within the new history too. Because of references to things between different books that don't mesh. The Tim Drake Robin not Red Robin thing is one example, even though they already fixed that and it's kind of minor. But Flamebird referred to being on the Teen Titans and fighting Deathstroke in Batwoman, but yet the old Titans never existed. Where does Batman Inc fit into everything? How long has Batman been operating? Barbara Gordon meeting Black Canary. The Flash and Green Lantern said they teamed up to fight talking gorillas in JL, but Flash doesn't meet Grodd and the gorillas until his current series. Etc.

    There was even a bleedingcool article about it:
    What Doesn’t Quite Make Sense In The DC New 52 Timeline – With Help From Rob Liefeld | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors
    Last edited by mbecks114; 11-04-2012 at 06:47 PM.

  6. #206
    Bleeding Cool
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    12,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbecks114 View Post
    No it's not the same thing and I agree. But it's still reasonable to be confused within the new history too. Because of references to things between different books that don't mesh. The Tim Drake Robin not Red Robin thing is one example, even though they already fixed that and it's kind of minor. But Flamebird referred to being on the Teen Titans and fighting Deathstroke in Batwoman, but yet the old Titans never existed. Where does Batman Inc fit into everything? How long has Batman been operating? Barbara Gordon meeting Black Canary. The Flash and Green Lantern said they teamed up to fight talking gorillas in JL, but Flash doesn't meet Grodd and the gorillas until his current series. Etc.

    There was even a bleedingcool article about it:
    What Doesn’t Quite Make Sense In The DC New 52 Timeline – With Help From Rob Liefeld | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors
    Have you forgotten that we already argued over that article and the actual linked article still says the ecact opposite of what you claim?

    Mike, no one disagrees that Morrison can be confusing. That does not support the claim that the New 52 is confusing.

  7. #207
    Consultant of Cool
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    Have you forgotten that we already argued over that article and the actual linked article still says the ecact opposite of what you claim?
    I didn't even comment on that article, so I can honestly say I do not remember arguing with you about that.

    And yes, the timeline that it links to does help clear things up by keeping track of things but it also mentions some errors, which would contradict your claim about how there is no confusion in the New 52. As would the fact that there are over 52 titles to keep track of, on top of that there are multiple time periods being depicted. Which would also be confusing to keep track of. Then there's the thigns that I mentioned earlier:

    But Flamebird referred to being on the Teen Titans and fighting Deathstroke in Batwoman, but yet the old Titans never existed. Where does Batman Inc fit into everything? How long has Batman been operating? Barbara Gordon meeting Black Canary. The Flash and Green Lantern said they teamed up to fight talking gorillas in JL, but Flash doesn't meet Grodd and the gorillas until his current series. Etc.
    But you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    It's not reasonable to be confused with the new history because nothing in the new history has been confusing. Your insistance on bringing in stuff from outside of the new history causes your confusion. That's not the same thing.
    So unless you have memorized that entire time line and are reading every New 52 title every month, there is bound to be some confusion. So for those of us with budgets, who wait to buy trades and don't buy every single issue that DC produces, it's reasonable to be confused with the new history. So even if it was reasonable to assume everyone should or could leave all previous knowledge of the DC Comics universe at the door, people are still going to get confused.

    I think it's totally understandable to have some things that contradict each other when relaunching an entire fictional universe being engineered by multiple creators. I don't fault them for that. I do partly fault them on not keeping things in tact when they said they would be and for intentionally changing things for the sake of change which ends up causing confusing contradictions. But again, this is comics and that's how things go.
    Last edited by mbecks114; 11-04-2012 at 07:53 PM. Reason: grammar fix

  8. #208
    Captain Cool paulski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    3,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    Well, for one I enjoy their characters and universe more so they get more leeway.
    Big ditto.

    Two, they're far more diverse in that they have more than three teams all sharing the same members and actually have solo characters.
    Oh, hells yeah ditto.

    Three, their comics aren't a giant crossover virtually every single month dictated by a handful of creators.
    Agree with the first part with the second part somewhat debatable - others could make the same claim about DC and Geoff Johns et al.

    Four, I don't like the creators Marvel is using to dictate those stories.
    Yup. Especially the Bendis/Fraction part of that equation.

    Five, I don't like the double-shipping and price-gouging policies.
    Easily the biggest problem at Marvel for me right now. If not for that, I'd easily be getting double the Marvel books I currently am.

    Six, and most important, Ultimatum.
    I... actually didn't mind Ultimatum too much...

  9. #209
    Bleeding Cool
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    12,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbecks114 View Post
    snip
    The linked article gives the New 52 a 98% accuracy rating. Of the remaining 2% causes you as much confusion as you act like it does, you should probably consider a new hobby. If the confusion is caused by trade waiting or not reading everything, that's pretty clearly not DC's fault.

  10. #210
    Consultant of Cool
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    The linked article gives the New 52 a 98% accuracy rating. Of the remaining 2% causes you as much confusion as you act like it does, you should probably consider a new hobby. If the confusion is caused by trade waiting or not reading everything, that's pretty clearly not DC's fault.
    Lol you amuse me

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •