Page 35 of 1562 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745851355351035 ... LastLast

Thread: DC comics positivity thread

Lately, Giffen has been doing his best impression of Kirby. I've loved it. Legion Annual and OMAC were gorgeous.

downlikecharlie

Quote Originally Posted by jyork View Post
    Lately, Giffen has been doing his best impression of Kirby. I've loved it. Legion Annual and OMAC were gorgeous.
    I thought I would hate OMAC, but the art grew on me in just the first few pages. I was really bummed that it was knocked out in the first wave of cancellations.

Quote Originally Posted by jyork View Post
    BTW, I picked up the Absolute of DC: The New Frontier at Mid-Ohio Comic Con a little over a month ago. One of those things I just never got around to reading (prolly due to there not being a single volume paperback). I'm excited to start it and the absolute itself is just beautiful. I've always heard good things so I'm pretty pumped for it.
    DC: THE NEW FRONTIER is utterly brilliant. I usually reread it right after I read Robinson's THE GOLDEN AGE.
    You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes.
    Remind me to tell you about the time I looked into the heart of an artichoke.
    ....some say that it loops forever, this road, that I lose you on every time....
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon ZK Olmstead View Post
    "There's a legend 'round here. A patient buried, but not dead. A curse on South Philly. A death curse. HBR's curse."
    @HellBlazeRaiser

I guess well see the rest of solicts tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    I guess well see the rest of solicts tomorrow?
    Don't they usually come out on the second Tuesday of the month? Or is it Monday? I don't pay much attention.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    Don't they usually come out on the second Tuesday of the month? Or is it Monday? I don't pay much attention.
    It's usually Monday.

Banned

The next character up in DC Universe Presents is Arsenal, written by Joe Keatinge. I don't know the writer's work, but it seems weird to give a spot to someone already starring in a title.
    Wow, Arsenal? Cool, looking forward to that.

The last month or two it's been a week later into the month, but that's been because of the fact the Monday's fallen earlier (ie. the 8th or 9th or so). Seeing as how this Monday (Tues my time) will be the 12th, I'm expecting to see the solicits tomorrow.

I couldn't get into Legion Lost, but I've been enjoying Levitz's Legion. Slightly less since the reboot, which is odd since that book wasn't really affected.
    I like Giffen, so looking forward to that.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Banned

The newest solicits are up.

The Dark: Newsarama | DC's THE DARK Family February 2013 Solicitations Page 1

The Edge: Newsarama | DC's THE EDGE Family February 2013 Solicitations Page 1

Batman: Newsarama | BATMAN Family February 2013 Solicits - DEATH OF THE FAMILY Page 1

Justice League: Newsarama | JUSTICE LEAGUE Family February 2013 Solicitations Page 1

Superman: Newsarama | SUPERMAN Family February 2013 Solicitations Page 1

I'm guessing the Young Justice and GL solicits will be up shortly.

So far, I've been thru the Batman, & Superman solicits. Everything looks freakin' phenomenal. The DOTF story in the Bat books really has my interest peaked, although I've heard about what the ending will be from one of the writers. If it's true, it's gonna rock the DCU for sometime to come, and it's a very ballsy move on the part of DC.

Superman looks good too. The intro of a new "Oracle"? Hmmm..