Page 32 of 1562 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442821325321032 ... LastLast
Like Tree15594Likes

Thread: DC comics positivity thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    Somehow I think you'll find the strength to persevere.

And does the title at least match the book's direction?
    Yes, for the first 12 issues there were two Firestorms and as of issue 0 they merged into one like it used to be.

DC issues I’ve read so far from this week’s books….

FAIREST #9
    The art is stunning. How is Inaki Miranda not a big time, A-list artist? Lauren Beukes is writing a sophisticated, adult story that doesn’t pander. This may be one of FABLES most adult tales overall. The cover is sheer perfection.

ANIMAL MAN (Volume Two) #14 and SWAMP THING (Volume Five) #14
    Their stories are so closely tied together, I can’t judge them separately. Both books were fantastic even thought they did read like “middle of the arc” issues.

WORLDS' FINEST #6
    I loved this issue! Levitz could have dragged out Helena W. from meeting her “not-family” for a long time, but I’m glad it’s happening now. I also like how Helena W. siphoning funds from Wayne Enterprises was discovered by Damian, since that relates back to story beats from Morrison’s BATMAN AND ROBIN and BATMAN, INC. I do wish they’d move Power Girl’s arc a little more swiftly. I’d actually like to see Huntress and Power Girl back on Earth 2 by #12.

EARTH 2 #6
    Another issue I loved! The arc ended just right. Grundy is in no way done. I like Alan being kind of aloof. I love the tension between Jay and Kendra.

ACTION COMICS (Volume Two) #14
    Flat out awesome! Even thought the art is weak in some places the story was spectacular.

GREEN LANTERN (Volume Four) #14
    Mahnke’s art gets better and stronger each issue. His work on this issue was pristine. I am really liking Baz, but I wish he’d get off planet and into the heat of things out there.

STORMWATCH (Volume Three) #14
    Another strong issue. Even though I am getting tired of Milligan’s use of stammering in characters’ dialogue, the story is fun and I’ve always liked Etrigan.
    Joe Kalicki and SAMURAI36 like this.
    You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes.
    Remind me to tell you about the time I looked into the heart of an artichoke.
    ....some say that it loops forever, this road, that I lose you on every time....
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon ZK Olmstead View Post
    "There's a legend 'round here. A patient buried, but not dead. A curse on South Philly. A death curse. HBR's curse."
    @HellBlazeRaiser

Wrote the Book on Cool photonex68's Avatar

Sorry for coming into this late; I'm at work right now, and I took a break from reading BC for a while.

While I might not like everything that's happening in the new 52, I do find I'm reading a lot more comics than I used to, and there's a lot more variety in them. I haven't gotten tired of Superman or Action Comics yet, though I used to on a regular basis (and, in fact, hadn't read either in years). What surprises me the most is how much I like the non-superhero titles like I, Vampire, Swamp Thing, and Animal Man. I like the reconceptualization of the Speed Force, particularly after Johns ruined it for me in Flash: Rebirth. They've got some interesting mysteries going on with the 31st-century connections to the 21st century (Kid Flash, Harvest, and how the lost Legionnaires are going to fit in).

And I really like Earth 2 and Worlds' Finest. Over the past 20 years or so, I've occasionally thought about what it would be like to modernize the JSA. I love Levitz's take on Power Girl and the Huntress, and Earth 2 is the first work by Robinson that I've liked without reservation, ever.
    Joe Kalicki and SAMURAI36 like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HellBlazerRaiser View Post
    DC issues I’ve read so far from this week’s books….

WORLDS' FINEST #6
    I loved this issue! Levitz could have dragged out Helena W. from meeting her “not-family” for a long time, but I’m glad it’s happening now. I also like how Helena W. siphoning funds from Wayne Enterprises was discovered by Damian, since that relates back to story beats from Morrison’s BATMAN AND ROBIN and BATMAN, INC. I do wish they’d move Power Girl’s arc a little more swiftly. I’d actually like to see Huntress and Power Girl back on Earth 2 by #12.
    I agree it's a great book, and the children of Bruce meeting was great. I can't wait to see where this goes. I also loved how PG ducked SG as well.

I'm really not in that much of a hurry to see the two of them go back to E2 any time soon, if at all. Besides, I really don't think E2 (the world, not the book) is gonna be around for that much longer, anyway. Something tells me it's gonna get destroyed, and the E2 heroes will venture over to the main Earth. But I could be wrong.

EARTH 2 #6
    Another issue I loved! The arc ended just right. Grundy is in no way done. I like Alan being kind of aloof. I love the tension between Jay and Kendra.
    Absolutely. Everything about this book is great. I really feel like it should be getting more of a push.

ACTION COMICS (Volume Two) #14
    Flat out awesome! Even thought the art is weak in some places the story was spectacular.
    Barring the Morrison-speak, and Morales' art being rather subpar (I really miss his Identity Crisis style), this was a pretty good book.

GREEN LANTERN (Volume Four) #14
    Mahnke’s art gets better and stronger each issue. His work on this issue was pristine. I am really liking Baz, but I wish he’d get off planet and into the heat of things out there.
    This book just continues to be phenomenal, month-in and month-out.

STORMWATCH (Volume Three) #14
    Another strong issue. Even though I am getting tired of Milligan’s use of stammering in characters’ dialogue, the story is fun and I’ve always liked Etrigan.
    I agree. It's good to see Stormwatch finally start tying together with Demon Knights, too.
    Joe Kalicki likes this.

I hope Robinson doesn't do away with Earth 2. I'm loving the world building going in that book. The foundation that Robinson and Nicola Scott are laying is powerful.

That's kind of why I'd like to see Helena W. and Power Girl migrate back there. They're part of that foundation and I want them to take the leadership roles they deserve.

Also, I think (and hope!!!) that the last Amazon set to appear in EARTH 2 soon is their Donna Troy.

The trinity of Power Girl, Huntress and Donna Troy would be all kinds of magnificent.
    Joe Kalicki likes this.
    ....some say that it loops forever, this road, that I lose you on every time....
    "There's a legend 'round here. A patient buried, but not dead. A curse on South Philly. A death curse. HBR's curse."
    @HellBlazeRaiser

With the New Gods set to return in Azzarello and Chiang's WONDER WOMAN, I hope DCE decides to upload Kirby's original Fourth World books and Byrne's JACK KIRBY'S FOURTH WORLD series to their digital app.

I'd even like to see the 80s NEW GODS series uploaded.
    Joe Kalicki likes this.
    @HellBlazeRaiser

I recently bought Adventure Comics 247 on Comixology. I would buy the whole Legion run if they had it, but they don't even have their second issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    I recently bought Adventure Comics 247 on Comixology. I would buy the whole Legion run if they had it, but they don't even have their second issue.
    Kalicki in "DC SUCKS!" shocker!

How much was it? I'm assuming $0.99 since that's as low as they seem to go. They ought to sell them in bulk or something. I need to look through their old back issues.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by toodoor View Post
    Kalicki in "DC SUCKS!" shocker!

How much was it? I'm assuming $0.99 since that's as low as they seem to go. They ought to sell them in bulk or something. I need to look through their old back issues.
    $1.99.

Anyone who thinks I never have a complaint about DC isn't paying attention!

EXCLUSIVE: Levitz, Giffen Reunite on "Legion of Super-Heroes" - Comic Book Resources

Levitz and Giffen together again on LSH!!! Fantastic news!!!

The LSH Annual from 2011 was superb. I hope they bring that game (and of course their classic 80s LSH game) to the ongoing.
    Joe Kalicki likes this.
    @HellBlazeRaiser