Page 30 of 1562 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240801305301030 ... LastLast
Like Tree15594Likes

Thread: DC comics positivity thread

Quote Originally Posted by not him - HIM View Post
    In the "in tray" waiting to be read, along with about 60% of last week's haul. Looks gorgeous though.
    Same for me, in fact I still have a bit of last week's to finish too!
    Need a good comic book session tonight I think. Really looking forward tot he Kubert book, I love his style. I intend to go back and get collections of his old stuff at some point.
    Joe Kalicki likes this.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Big DC news!
    MTV Geek – EXCLUSIVE!: ‘Justice League of America’ #1 Triumphs with 52 State Variants, Plus More News

JLA will have 52 variant covers, which is weird but okay, no big deal. The big news is Jeff Lemire and Andre Sorrentino taking over Green Arrow with issue 17, Vibe getting a solo book by Andrew Kreisberg and the awesome Pete Woods, and Katana getting a solo book by Ann Nocenti and Alex Sanchez.

It looks like they're really pushing this JLA, giving most of its characters solo titles right away. It also gives DC more diversity, with a Hispanic male lead, and a Japanese female lead.

People are down on Kreisberg's Green Arrow and Black Canary run, but I kind of enjoyed it, and I like his Arrow TV show, so I'm willing to bet I'll like his Vibe. If nothing else, Pete Woods is an awesome artist. I'm more wary of Nocenti on Katana. I enjoy the character a lot in Birds of Prey, but Nocenti's New DC work has been pretty awful. I'm ecstatic she's off Green Arrow, and that that book is getting a terrific new team.

This might be my return to GA then. I dropped it a few years ago and didn't fancy the relaunch version, but I'll give Lemire a try. Two episodes in I'm quite enjoying Arrow.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    Big DC news!
    MTV Geek – EXCLUSIVE!: ‘Justice League of America’ #1 Triumphs with 52 State Variants, Plus More News

JLA will have 52 variant covers, which is weird but okay, no big deal. The big news is Jeff Lemire and Andre Sorrentino taking over Green Arrow with issue 17, Vibe getting a solo book by Andrew Kreisberg and the awesome Pete Woods, and Katana getting a solo book by Ann Nocenti and Alex Sanchez.
    Is Vibe gonna be a breakdancing hood rat? Because I will buy the living hell out of his book if that's the case. I'm not even joking.
    Joe Kalicki and Cavemold like this.

Reading the DC thread on the Bendis Board, people seem to be complaining that lesser characters like Vibe and Katana are getting books over more popular characters, and even name-checked everyone's beloved Stephanie. But isn't the whole point of making a new universe and continuity the change to do actual new things and push different characters?

Bleeding Cool

Green-Arrow-17_Cover.jpg GA Cover 17 or what i like to call issue 1

And Katana cover 1

Katana-1.jpg

Consultant of Cool

I'm not interested in Vibe at all, I wish Cyborg was getting an ongoing! But the Green Arrow news is promising!

The return of Vibe should be held up as a beacon of hope to all Stephanie Brown fans.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    Big DC news!

It looks like they're really pushing this JLA, giving most of its characters solo titles right away. It also gives DC more diversity, with a Hispanic male lead, and a Japanese female lead.

People are down on Kreisberg's Green Arrow and Black Canary run, but I kind of enjoyed it, and I like his Arrow TV show, so I'm willing to bet I'll like his Vibe. If nothing else, Pete Woods is an awesome artist. I'm more wary of Nocenti on Katana. I enjoy the character a lot in Birds of Prey, but Nocenti's New DC work has been pretty awful. I'm ecstatic she's off Green Arrow, and that that book is getting a terrific new team.
    It's also good to see that the rumor being spread around here about Jeff Lemire leaving JLD was false.

Banned

More News:

Newsarama.com : Scott Lobdell Talks SUPERMAN and More at Long Beach Comic Con

Scott Lobdell writer of DC's Superman, Teen Titans and Red Hood and the Outlaws was the focus of a panel at the Long Beach Comic Con on Saturday afternoon, answering questions from fans about his current and past work.

Audience members were definitely curious about the high-profile recent developments in Superman's life including Clark Kent quitting the Daily Planet to become an independent blogger, and the character's budding romance with Wonder Woman, which started in Justice League.

Lobdell said that Clark Kent will "definitely, 100 percent" still be a reporter, and will have a lot more freedom as a blogger than as a reporter in fact, one of his first stories that he'll break will be the government's involvement in Suicide Squad.

Also:

When a fan asked about the pre-New 52 story where Superman renounced his American citizenship, Lobdell replied, "I think that America is awesome," and made it clear that he has "no problem with Superman fighting for truth, justice and the American way."

"I think [Superman] has some really distinct feelings about his citizenship," Lobdell continued.

This sounds like DC is doing away with the renounced citizenship angle from Pre-52 Superman. I'm kinda sad to see that go, only because that was a concept with untapped story potential.

But the notion of Clark exposing the Suicide Squad will prove quite interesting.