Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Is The Dreaming Now Part Of The New 52?

Quote Originally Posted by mckracken View Post
    dreamy.....
    also: how come other people's dreams are the most mind numbing crap you'll never wanna hear in the first place?
    ...In my dreams, the DCnU is dumped, and this goddess is still around putting skanks like "Lady" Gaga back in their place:

-------

Wrote the Book on Cool
    Last edited by mckracken; 09-08-2012 at 04:15 AM.

Wrote the Book on Cool

HAW HAW HAW finally ive found an adequate signature!!
    SANDMAN. ugh. I'd rather read a LIEFIELD comic.

Wrote the Book on Cool The Mirrorball Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _OM_ View Post
    ...In my dreams, the DCnU is dumped, and this goddess is still around putting skanks like "Lady" Gaga back in their place
    I believe your dreams are what we call "the past".
    Deathpanda and Comicsfan101 like this.
    My deviantART gallery.

Wrote the Book on Cool chapattack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stevaux The LEsser View Post
    Gaiman was as much work for hire as Tony Isaabella or Paul Kupperburg. DC really doesn't have to go to him for diddly when using the characters...
    Except he's going to write the Sandman prequel for them and they might want to keep him on side, having Gaiman pissed with them as well as Moore wouldn't be the best press with the literate 'I don't read comics' comic readers...

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by chapattack View Post
    Except he's going to write the Sandman prequel for them and they might want to keep him on side, having Gaiman pissed with them as well as Moore wouldn't be the best press with the literate 'I don't read comics' comic readers...
    Yeah. Gaiman is hypothetically a gateway for that alleged new readers market the big two are so interested in. Whether it would actually work, well.....

If they want to try it, they need to lure Gaiman away from the allure of prose novel paychecks, but putting him in a corner with Lemire, Snyder, and Mievelle, giving them a long editorial leash, and marketing as a second coming of the 80's literary renaissance isn't a half bad idea in theory. Scout their Vertigo roster for talent and try to draw in notables like Mike Carey while you're at it. For that matter, renaming the Vertigo imprint and passing the name over to a corner of the DC universe might be a smart marketing move.
    Last edited by Deathpanda; 09-08-2012 at 05:17 AM.
    chapattack likes this.

Way Cool

Quote Originally Posted by _OM_ View Post
    ...Oboy! The Dreaming part of the DCnU. Does this mean we can at least have the good old Infinity, Inc. reassembled so they can kick the shit out of all of the Endless and rescue Hector and Lyta? Please? Pretty please? I'll even bow before the Didiot himself in awe and respect!
    James Robinson said in an interview somewhere (can't remember where but I read it off here) that he wanted to have a Legion of SuperHeroes-type group in Earth-2 under the name of Infinity Inc. It'd let him use Jade and Obsidian too.

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Acrid_Gunsmoke View Post
    That would be cool if the new Sandman book appeared in the January solicits as part of the next "wave."

Didn't DC heroes appear in the original Sandman books? Seems like it would fit in with Dial H, Frankenstein, JL Dark, Swamp Thing and Animal Man perfectly.
    Yes. In fact, Superman, Batman and Darkseid were at Dream's wake and Wesley Dodds even gave a eulogy. I wonder how DC would finesse it, though -- to my knowledge, Neil and Karen Berger have a gentleman's agreement about him never ever writing for DC again if they ever let anyone else write it.

I can just imagine folks like the hyper-overrated Geoff Johns being asked by Didio(t) to take a crack at it, though.
    Last edited by jpbl1976; 09-18-2012 at 06:09 AM.

Banned

DC keeps getting FU**ED UP. thats all i gotta say

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234