Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can Rafa Sandoval Actually Draw Catwoman Zero?

Administrator

Default Can Rafa Sandoval Actually Draw Catwoman Zero?

There's been a lot of fuss about the cover of Catwoman Zero and the Guillem March cover. But what about the insides, solicited as being drawn by Rafa Sandoval?

You see Sandoval is a Marvel?*exclusive?*artist, currently working on X-Men Legacy. Quite the coup of DC.

But he still has multiple issues left on his exclusive contract.

Too many to draw in time to be able to draw Catwoman Zero.

Sure he may be leaving Marvel and signing to DC - in fact this looks like strong evidence of that.

Just not quite yet.

Naughty DC, they did something similar with Alessandro Vitelli on Blackhawks. They solicited with his name on the book, despite being a Marvel exclusive artist. At the time, DC's David Hyde told me that DC would never solicit a book with a Marvel exclusive artist, but failed to explain why that was exactly what they had done. By the time the book came out, the artist had changed to Graham Nolan...

So... who will draw Catwoman Zero now? Maybe Alessandro is free now? Or maybe Rafa can buy himelf out of his contract...

DC Comics did not respond to e-mails.

Zen Master of Cool

What the f*ck is going on at dc?!?!?!

Oops!! !!!!!!!!

They should get Joe Quesada to draw the cover. He did a lot of covers for them back in the nineties. He isn't exclusive anywhere nowdays, is he?
    ShadowMax prefers Valiant comics. The choice of the brave.

That seems like a crappy thing of DC to do to an artist. They can express interest to an artist all they want, but when they do this, I can't imagine that it does anything but create conflict between the artist and Marvel. Therefore, I'd imagine it wouldn't make the artist too happy with DC either. It definitely doesn't do anything positive, and it comes across as extremely amateurish.
    Calvin: "A painting of a comic strip panel. Sophisticated irony. Philosophically challenging...'High' art."
    Hobbes: "Suppose I draw a cartoon of a painting of a comic strip?"
    Calvin: "Sophomoric. Intellectually sterile... 'Low' art."

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacmatt View Post
    That seems like a crappy thing of DC to do to an artist. They can express interest to an artist all they want, but when they do this, I can't imagine that it does anything but create conflict between the artist and Marvel. Therefore, I'd imagine it wouldn't make the artist too happy with DC either. It definitely doesn't do anything positive, and it comes across as extremely amateurish.
    "DC, disappointing fans since Identity Crisis"

(i'm kind of astonished that i haven't made a "Marvel if it ain't broke" joke in about 2 months )
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Wrote the Book on Cool papabear's Avatar

I just want a well written, astonishing drawn (with plenty of cat-like poses) Catwoman book. Is that too much to ask?

Wrote the Book on Cool papabear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMax View Post
    They should get Joe Quesada to draw the cover. He did a lot of covers for them back in the nineties. He isn't exclusive anywhere nowdays, is he?
    Maybe they should call McFarlane.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    (i'm kind of astonished that i haven't made a "Marvel if it ain't broke" joke in about 2 months )
    Well it's obviously because Rich is in love with Marvel. When he's not in love with DC.
    Writer of Lightweight. Find out more at Super Powered Fiction and Metahuman Press.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    "DC, disappointing fans since Identity Crisis"

Probably because there is not much left that's not broken.

I kid, I kid.

And yet...
    Le Pov where I do my thing in French or English.
    My Tumblr: a sign that it's not just the cool kids anymore who have one.
    @Thomallard on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast