Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Kolins To Draw Legion Of Super Heroes From Issue Zero

Administrator

Default Scott Kolins To Draw Legion Of Super Heroes From Issue Zero

Recently, DC Comics sent a letter round to creators asking them not to talk about the upcoming Issue Zeroing of the DC Universe in September - it seems to have worked, mostly, as only Bleeding Cool seems to have been talking about it.

That should change soon. From one upcoming interview from the Phoenix Comic Con last weekend, probably for the Outhousers, Scott Kolins told the interviewer "I have three issues of Legion of Super Heroes coming up starting with the zero issue in a couple of months." We'd previously heard about a creative change on that title, this seems to fit with that and would represent a return to the title for Kolins.

Originally reported by Bleeding Cool and confirmed at Boston Comic Con by Francis Manapul and friends, this will see all the New 52 issues revert to issue zero for one month, returning to issue 13, (or possibly issue 5 depending), the month afterwards.

We may also see new titles such as the Justice League International replacement.

Consultant of Cool rufusTfirefly's Avatar

Cool. Although Keith Giffen would be cooler...

Good to see him on a new monthly though I would have liked to see some combination of Grell/Giffen/Lightle for nostalgia purposes.
    Writer of Lightweight. Find out more at Super Powered Fiction and Metahuman Press.

look forward to it!

Wrote the Book on Cool Somebody's Avatar

You do realise that cover's by Alan Davis, yes? Kolins never did covers during his LSH run.

Zen Master of Cool

too bad I dropped the book

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

I hope he doesn't use that new style of his he used in Batman 700. Classic Kollins would be the ideal here.

If it's Kolins from his run on The Flash, and only three issues, then boo. If it's Kolins from the JSA, and only three issues, then yay!
    Musings and more on Marvel's Bronze Age from 1972 to 1980.

http://mightyworldofbronzeagemarvel.blogspot.com/

Bleeding Cool

I haven't seen his art look as good as his run with Geoff Johns on Flash in awhile and worry that the unforgiving deadlines might make it even less likely that this lives up to that greatness. But I'll be cautiously optimistic, because Kolins is so great when he's "on".

Dean of Cool University Stevaux The LEsser's Avatar

Kolins experiments with his art style constantly so it probably won't closely resemble any past effort. What I'm stoked for is how Kolins is known to work closely with his writers and that kind of artist ups Mister Levitz's formidable game even higher. I'm not a fan of Kolins so much but if he sparks a cool run, I'm game!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast