Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New DC Gay Character Is An Iconic Male...

Administrator

Default New DC Gay Character Is An Iconic Male...

?One of the major iconic DC characters will reveal that he is gay in a storyline in June?

That's the comment DC's Senior VP Publicity Courtney Simmons gave to ABC News from Burbank when asked for comment on the story we ran yesterday, that DC were to reintroduce a preexisting character into the New DCU, and changing their sexual orientation in the process. It caused quite the stir.

So we have a gender, we have a date and we have a level of recognisability. And we know it's not Skeets.

Suddenly the candidates have reduced rather...

Well its not my first few guess then........

Consultant of Cool

So this is a character they're reintroducing, right? That means he hasn't appeared in the DCnU, yet? So, how many characters can be considered iconic and haven't been introduced, yet? And will this be on New Earth or Earth 2? The only one I can think of at the moment is Wally West.

Wrote the Book on Cool Brother Justin Crowe's Avatar

It's going to be Wally and DiDio is going to get death threats and it's going to be HILARIOUS.
    "I won't refudiate Sarah Palin's right to invent words. I'll just point out that she's a stupidiot." - Frank Conniff

Yea Wally seems like a candidate .Wasn't he married to a female I forgot her name....

Character doesn't mean hero. Is there a villain that hasn't been introduced yet? Riddler?

Exceedingly Cool uncaringmachine's Avatar

It's Black Lightning. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberoo View Post
    Character doesn't mean hero. Is there a villain that hasn't been introduced yet? Riddler?
    naw, he was in issue 1 of Batman with that dumbass hair
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

I know he isnt a major character but people who are reading the flash should go back and look at director Singh in issues 7 & 8. there is a dead giveaway with the flutes in his apartment and then hartley rathaway scene with singh. just look at it and youll see hes an in the closet gay.

Default So you mock FOX NEWS,yet...

You have a rainbow colored S shield. When it comes to comics and creators rights you guys are spot on. When you let your own biases show you look idiotic. Nothing in the FOX report was inaccurate. I wondered myself if DC. would be bold enough to do that. You apparently have too.

I'm afraid that DC is more interested in making headlines than good comics. I'm a DC fan myself, and if there's a good story to tell there, fine. Doing it just for the sake of doing it is bad.

I don't think they would tell good stories with this, as evidenced by the once promising BATWOMAN. After awhile it becomes tedious, "Okay, we know she's a lesbian. We don't have to see two chicks making goo goo eyes on every page, with the occasional cunnilingus thrown in. Don't get me wrong, I dont mind that at all, but BATWOMAN became more about LOOK HOW BOLD AND GROUNDBREAKING WE ARE. WE GOT AN AWARD FROM GLAAD. YAAYYY FOR US.

DC is going to screw this up so bad, that's assured. BLEEDING COOL will also find some way to use this as an attack on Romney and FOX NEWS.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast