Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours Of DC Editorial Changes Circle Comics Industry

Administrator

Default Rumours Of DC Editorial Changes Circle Comics Industry

In recent weeks, David Hyde VP Publicity left DC Comics, Eddie Berganza was demoted to Group Editor from Executive Editor and Bobbie Chase was promoted to Editorial Director.

Some have seen this as Editor-In-Chief Bob Harras slowly pushing Eddie Berganza out, but nothing can be further from the truth. More reliable sources indicate the pair are as thick as thieves. Nevertheless there does seem to be some editorial reorganisation going around the company, but little being stated and announced. And gossip loves a vacuum.

A week-and-a-half ago, the hot rumour circling the industry was that Karen Berger, Executive Editor of Vertigo at DC, was being dropped or demoted by DC. And that Vertigo was being reintegrated into the rest of the DC publishing operation. I received multiple e-mails from high placed indivdual both within and without DC Comics to that effect, with Berger's appointment editing the DCU book Dial H seen as evidence of a change. However, it appears that the sound and fury signified... well very little right now. I'm told Karen was furious at the gossip as it reached her, and DC Comics gave me the following quote;
    Vertigo is alive and well and an important part of DC Entertainment?s mission. ?*There have been no changes to Vertigo?s structure, its team or its priority within the company.
    As it stands Karen appears not to be going anywhere, at least not this year. But Eddie's change in position does leave a gap that will probably be need filling. I'm told there are lots of meetings to this effect going on right now, and to expect an announcement shortly. Ish.

Zen Master of Cool

WTF is goin on at DC?

Wrote the Book on Cool Brother Justin Crowe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tralfaz View Post
    WTF is goin on at DC?
    Seriously! This kinda rumor and shuffling seems to occur every few months, and I hate being on pins and needles like this. Vertigo publishes some of the best comics in the industry (Sweet Tooth, Unwritten, Scalped, Dominique Laveau: Voodoo Child, etc.), has published some of the best comics of all time (Y: The Last Man, Saga of the Swamp Thing, the first 75 or so issues of Fables, Young Liars, Outlaw Nation, Uncle Sam, The Sandman, et al), and these constant rumors of its impending demise freak me right the hell out.
    "I won't refudiate Sarah Palin's right to invent words. I'll just point out that she's a stupidiot." - Frank Conniff

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

All I know is, I love Karen Berger, and DC better keep her wherever she wants to be.

Banned

Well hearing this news makes me happy AMERICAN VAMPIRE is Creator-Owned. Because of that, Vertigo could be erased from the Earth and I wouldn't care.

Does anyone know what the fuck Boob Harras was working as before this manna from Heaven job landed in his grotesquely plump thighs/lap/whatever? Wiki says he was a Group editor of DC's Collections Division. That's it? What did he DO there?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Comet View Post
    All I know is, I love Karen Berger, and DC better keep her wherever she wants to be.

Unless she decides she wants to be at image, or IDW, or anywhere else, in which case DC need to beg, plead, cajole or imprison her to stay where she doesnt want to be.
    stress- noun \ˈstres\

The anxiety caused when a person's mind over-rides the body's natural urge to choke the living shit out of some arsehole who deserves it.

Wrote the Book on Cool Brother Justin Crowe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qward-O View Post
    Well hearing this news makes me happy AMERICAN VAMPIRE is Creator-Owned. Because of that, Vertigo could be erased from the Earth and I wouldn't care.

Does anyone know what the fuck Boob Harras was working as before this manna from Heaven job landed in his grotesquely plump thighs/lap/whatever? Wiki says he was a Group editor of DC's Collections Division. That's it? What did he DO there?
    He was a 90s Marvel bigwig. Same with most of the current crop of DC folks.
    "I won't refudiate Sarah Palin's right to invent words. I'll just point out that she's a stupidiot." - Frank Conniff

He's also been close to Jim Lee since giving him his big break on X-Men.

i believe harras was editor in chief at marvel, but i might be wrong on that. at the least, he was in charge of editing the x-line for a time.

lotsa moving in editorial and on creative side. little concerning. wait and see, i suppose.

Translation of article: one guy left, another guy got promoted to that job and now they need a guy to take over for that second guy now. Seriously? that's your fucking story of mass panic? That is as close to news as this story gets and already knew all of it. But let's spice it up with our monthly speculation that Vertigo is ending, despite the addition of four new titles last month. Speculation that you guys have enjoyed since the first whiff of Swamp Thing's return to the DCU. Has the world ended because of that? Has the world ended because John Constantine is in a piss poor JL title that needs revamped with a new writer after 8 issues? Has Karen been fired after her two best Vertigo writers became the golden boys over at the DCU with some of the highest profile titles at the publisher in addition to their creator-owned work?

I know this is a rumor site, but this sort of nonsense is why I don't watch cable TV news. BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO FURTHER UPDATES TO OUR NON-STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE AN EXPERT TO REMIND US OF THE NON-STORY SO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you're this bored, write a bad review of a Morrison comic. It'll give you just as many hits as this will.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason ― Mark Twain

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast