Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Now DC Comics Fires Chris Roberson Off Fairest

Administrator

Default Now DC Comics Fires Chris Roberson Off Fairest

Remember that old line "You can't fire me, I quit!" DC Comics has just done the opposite. "You can't quit, we fire you."

Earlier this week, Chris Roberson announced on Twitter that he was going to quit DC Comics as a writer on the conclusion of iZombie, and after the Fairest arc he'd committed to writing. He cited concerns over the publisher's morality.

Suddenly he has now been told he won't be writing that Fairest arc anymore. He tweets;
    Sorry to disappoint anyone, but I won't be writing a Fairest arc after all. It was decided my services were no longer required.
    Roberson confirmed he would be paid for work he had handed in. But, presumably, it won't now be published. Fairest and Fables creator Bill Willingham tweeted;
    Not decided by me. I will work with Chris Roberson any time. Any place.

I am privy to a little inside information of what Chris Roberson will be doing instead of his Fairest arc and it will be awesome. So there.
    DC Comics still list Roberson as an upcoming writer on the title.

Not a surprise at all, since as many will point out, "What do you expect when you slag off your employer?" The real surprise would have been if they'd taken the high road, but we knew that wasn't going to happen (and surely Chris did as well).

Consultant of Cool

I guess that's sadly what you get when you sorta badmouth a company you're still contracted to do work for. I love Chris as a writer, but I don't think I would've ever said anything until I completed that arc on Fairest. But I guess he was understandably pissed about iZombie getting cancelled. I look forward to any creator owned titles that he puts out in the future!

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

Oh, screw them, a writer as talented as Chris Roberson will certainly find work.

DC and Marvel's loss and a winner for the Indies.
    PLEASE CONSIDER putting SilverSmurfer on ignore due to his factually incorrect and hysteric claim that "Uber" is a "historically revisionist nazi fantasy," and that we should boycott Avatar for it.
    Thank you for your Considerations.

Consultant of Cool rufusTfirefly's Avatar

Understandable, put still shitty. Too bad, I was really looking forward to that series after the first two...

Quote Originally Posted by vmars View Post
    I guess that's sadly what you get when you sorta badmouth a company you're still contracted to do work for. I love Chris as a writer, but I don't think I would've ever said anything until I completed that arc on Fairest. But I guess he was understandably pissed about iZombie getting cancelled. I look forward to any creator owned titles that he puts out in the future!
    Honestly, I don't think he cares. He probably didn't bail on Fairest because he's still friends with Willingham, but once iZombie's number was up, he was willing to speak his mind.

I have to wonder where Willingham he stands on the issues Roberson raised. He's politically conservative, which makes it unlikely he's a "Down with the man!" type, but he's also always charted his own course when it comes to his career.

I wonder if this means no future iZombie collections.

never saw this coming

I guess the irony in this situation is that DC is proving they don't have morals to publish his work.

DC: "Oh a fire. Let's throw some fuel on that."

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast