Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Roberson Quits DC Comics

Administrator

Default Chris Roberson Quits DC Comics

Last night, science fiction author and comic book writer Chris Roberson tweeted;
    Having an afternoon cocktail to celebrate the end of my time at DC.

Aside from the Fairest arc I already committed to doing, iZombie will be the last time I'll ever write for DC.
    And to fans who wanted him to work on DC projects.
    Sorry. In a better world, characters like the Legion would be owned by a more ethical company, but sadly not in this one.

The short version is, I don't agree with the way they treat other creators and their general business practices.

I decided quite some time ago, but waited until after the cancellation of my book was announced to discuss it.
    Chris Roberson is of course a publisher in his own right, so he is walking the walk. He also mentions he is working on something new, which we may learn about at San Diego Comic Con. He also points to this article by David Brothers for Comics Alliance for his reasons, which details issues regarding DC's handling of Before Watchmen, as well as Marvel's handling of The Avengers.

I get the feeling we'll be hearing more and more of this sort of thing in weeks to come.

Banned

I loved iZombie. And I've really liked his past works like Paragaea. I'm really looking forward to his next projects.

Hopefully a Graphic Novel version of Paragaea?

Be interesting to see what he says when he's fully out.
    I hope he does say more, mainly because at the moment it's a vague statement and it's only fair that DC get a proper accusation and the right to reply.
    People will jump to both sides in the meantime.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Seattle (as immortalized by Public Image Limited)

I guess I'm not particularly interested in DC's response. In regards to Watchmen, we know what the response is.

Chris Roberson is a good guy. I also look forward to what he does next.
    "Two and two continue to make four, in spite of the whine of the amateur for three, or the cry of the critic for five." - James McNeill Whistler

Consultant of Cool

I forewarned that this will be the shape of things to come back in Feb, here: Sex, Drugs & Comic Books: Ever-Decreasing Circles

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Sorry. In a better world, characters like the Legion would be owned by a more ethical company, but sadly not in this one.
    Who does he think he is? Alan Moore?

Consultant of Cool

That's unfortunate, he was at Comicpalooza in Houston last year and we discussed Superman and how awful the JMS story was, including how embarrassing some of JMS' later plots for the arc were, but he then fleshed out his own 4-5 year plan for Superman and it was a solid story. Best of luck to him though, you have to stick to your guns.

Exceedingly Cool

To steal from Spider Jerusalem: "SAVED from the ineptitude of filthy Dan DiDio!!"

Congrats on escaping Dan's House of Horrors, Chris!
    *raises glass*

Wrote the Book on Cool

Thumbs up

This is how people start to dislike companies. He tells us one side of the story and people go along with what he says. Maybe he's another Alan Moore; Crazy. We don't know because we don't know the full story; its just one person saying things about a company and because people like what the writer has done, they side with him. In reality, DC hires these writers that gives these writers the attention that they needed to succeed in this industry. So... yeah...

Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast