Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grant Morrison's Appearances In DC Comics - Up To And Including Flashpoint #1?

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Joe B. Pangrazio View Post
    Wasn't the "alien experience" supposed to have occurred while he was in India?

He references India fairly heavily in Invisibles, as well (with King Mob going there a few times).
    He's also involved in a re-telling of the Indian epic, the Mahabharat http://www.18-days.com/notes.html

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hdefined View Post
    Xenos was priding himself on his ability to resist reading Flashpoint, as if clicking on these topics but resisting the temptation to read it is something we should admire him for.

You really need to reevaluate your priorities if you go around on topics about a comic you refuse to read and brag about how you refuse to read it.
    "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Locusmortis View Post
    "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"
    Because I read Flashpoint #1 and intend to read the rest of it.

Consultant of Cool Cecil Dutronc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rambobloodaxe View Post
    Grant's Scottish, not English.

Scotland is part of Britain, not England.

Minor, I know, but bloody annoying for most Scots.
    Gotcha. No offense intended. I should have said U.K. If it is any consolation, there are people in my current city that think I am from Minnesota when I was really raised in Michigan, two states which while both north and begin with the letter M, share no border. I gave up correcting them long ago. Not the same thing really, but I get what you're saying. I should have known better.

VP in Charge of Cool rambobloodaxe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Dutronc View Post
    Gotcha. No offense intended. I should have said U.K. If it is any consolation, there are people in my current city that think I am from Minnesota when I was really raised in Michigan, two states which while both north and begin with the letter M, share no border. I gave up correcting them long ago. Not the same thing really, but I get what you're saying. I should have known better.
    It's cool. It's not the mistake that's annoying, it's how commonplace it is amongst foreigners (particularly, and no offence intended, Americans). I personally blame the laziness of the American media.

Wrote the Book on Cool

He's also in Azzarello and Chaing's Doctor 13 Miniseries... as one of the Architects... He's the one wearing the Batman mask.

Rich did mention that, but a piccie is much appreciated:

And then there were the Architects of the DC Universe. who appeared in the Doctor Thirteen story in Tales Of The Unexpected, with Grant Morrison presumed behind the Batman mask.

Quote Originally Posted by rambobloodaxe View Post
    It's cool. It's not the mistake that's annoying, it's how commonplace it is amongst foreigners (particularly, and no offence intended, Americans). I personally blame the laziness of the American media.
    The American school system is no picnic either. In college a couple of years ago, we had to write a paper on a country of our own choosing and 4 of my fellow students picked Africa and got passing grades. I'd be surprised if half of the people I went to high school with could find Europe on a map. I know the difference though. I simply misspoke.

Quote Originally Posted by narcejac View Post
    Here's a pic of the Doom Patrol character based on Morrison-- http://www.comicvine.com/gorgeous-ri...1/105-1015903/ As you can see in the second thumbnail, every word the character says starts with a letter of Grant's name.
    While I'm on the topic, am I the only one who loved Rachel Pollack's run on Doom Patrol?
    I'm afraid you might be. But wear that love like a badge of honor!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=32304
    Quoting Geoff Johns "I really like The Outsider as a brand new character... That's what's fun in this. It's not what you expect. It's not the same old, same old. That was very important to us doing the story. And it also makes this much more accessible, because you're meeting these guys for the first time, just like the Flash is. There are no other comics with The Outsider or Element Woman or Blackout or the S!H!A!Z!A!M! kids. These are all brand-new concepts that are there for the first time."
    So it's not the old Alfred Outsider. This is a brand new original idea. Johns said so, and he created the S!H!A!Z!A!M! kids.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast