Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Justice League Movie Going Back To The Drawing Board? Recent Script Called

Administrator

Default Justice League Movie Going Back To The Drawing Board? Recent Script Called

Look back over Bleeding Cool's many stories about the proposed Justice League film and you'll spot a common theme.

Wheel spinning. Dirty, mud splattering wheel spinning that is getting the project nowhere.

It seems that Warner Bros. commissioned a screenplay some time ago and have been revising it, or their plans for it, all the while. Several directors have been courted, however lightly, but yet nobody has signed up, or even, it would seem, committed to development work.

Recently, it was being suggested that the studio had the film on a back burner and nothing more was going to happen with it at all unless Man of Steel pulls in sufficient box office this summer. Which it will, right?

I'm sure it will. I feel a smash coming on, actually.

Now, beyond the deep freeze,Bad Ass Digestare confident enough in their sources to back up one widespread rumour about the Justice League film. To my mind, their confidence goes a long way in confirming it:
    I've now heard from multiple sources that the Will Beall script forJustice Leaguehas been scrapped. The story from each source is the same: it's terrible.
    This makes perfect sense of the ongoing struggles - though, of course, I can imagine other viable explanations.

So, what's next? Well, maybe nothing. At all. Maybe the studio won't want to keep throwing good many after bad and they'll just get on with building Man of Steel sequels and start looking for other ways to bring DC characters to the big screen. There is that Guillermo Del Toro project, of course, with the supernatural lot - that seems like a pretty good bet.

Or maybe they'll go back to plain-and-simple Batman-on-his-tod. He's worked for them several times over now, and The Amazing Spider-Man showed that fast reboot times don't have to be box-office mufflers.

Or maybe they'll get some new writers to work on a new Justice League. There's plenty of folk out there who could get this right, of course. Quiet whispers have talked about trying to carry over the Man of Steel creative team as completely as possible; other voices have suggested that names associated with existing Marvel comics adaptations have been under consideration.

We're a long way from the end of this back-and-forth, I think. Justice League was vaunted for a 2015 release date but I can't imagine they'd even try for that any longer, let alone succeed.

Banned

Wow. And for a Hollywood script these days to be called terrible...
    obii, AMDin, Bangladesh and 5 others like this.

Well obviously I blame Mark Millar

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEwok View Post
    Wow. And for a Hollywood script these days to be called terrible...
    Let's just hope this means they start from scratch so they can have a good product

Wrote the Book on Cool

Rather curious as to why it was bad. The one thing I believe might be the bad part is possibly them starting from a "This is how they get together" story point of view. I say ditch that and depending on how Man of Steel is handled (first legit super hero) perhaps have the League already formed and have them approaching Superman and go from there.

Just get the writers from JLU or YJ to write the damn thing.
    Blade X, Fysh, Evilsmurf and 7 others like this.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason ― Mark Twain

Consultant of Cool

Bruce Timm. Alan Burnett. Paul Dini. These guys are the WB's only hope at this point. Or,in a pinch,Greg Weisman and the Young Justice team could probably turn out something pretty decent. Or better yet....why doesnt the WB get ALL of the talented folks from their animation dept. together,let them brainstorm,and put the best ideas into action and onto the big screen? They have people working for them who understand both these characters and how to get a movie made....LET THEM DO WHAT THEY DO BEST!!!! This is not as hard as the WB is making it out to be.

Zen Master of Cool

Kind of suspected this might be the case when Warners seemed unable to land the directors they were after. Hopefully they get a good script together at some point.
    twincast, TGC and Captain13 like this.

Way Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post

Recently, it was being suggested that the studio had the film on a back burner and nothing more was going to happen with it at all unless Man of Steel pulls in sufficient box office this summer. Which it will, right?

I'm sure it will. I feel a smash coming on, actually.
    Yeah, I wouldn't put too much money on that. I know a lot of movie buffs outside of the comic scene and absolutely none of them seem to have any excitement about Man of Steel. In fact, the comment that I hear most often is, "Well, that looks just as boring as the last one."

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MicroZone View Post
    Just get the writers from JLU or YJ to write the damn thing.
    Or Morrison. Why can't they just get Morrison to write it? His run on JLA was one of the best. He made the big seven relevant again as a team, his stories were of blockbuster quality and on top of that he actually writes screenplays for Hollywood. He should be an obvious choice, but all he gets to do is drive DC staff bus.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast